SASS Wire Forum

How Many States Have You Shot COWBOY In?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator said:

Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator

Now there's a name I haven't heard since Mule Camp, except for one time at EOT.  This is a tale for a campfire & a cold one.  How you doin' darlin'?

And my list looks pretty much like yours, with the exception of that State up by Maine, and the addition of TX, AL & KY.  &NM.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here goes

Alaska,Washington, Oregon, Calif, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana and Florida, Colorado.

Wanna talk about foreign countries?:wacko:

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Czech Republic, Hungary, Australia, New Zealand, Canada

On 3/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Way back in the earlier years of SASS we used to get a monthly publication of the Cowboy Chronicle, (hard copy) there was a wonderful couple that traveled all over our Great country shooting everywhere they went and writing articles about there experience.

Tennessee Tall and Rio Drifter have shot in 48 

So who are Tennessee Tall and Rio Drifter ?  Do they still travel ?  and shoot? and write?

11 hours ago, T-Square said:

So who are Tennessee Tall and Rio Drifter ?  Do they still travel ?  and shoot? and write?

Yes, they still shoot, at Least Rio Drifter does.   Holli and I shot with him in Florida this past March at Fort White and he was also at the Ides of March at the Lake County Pistoleros.  Tennessee Tall posted in the Saloon about a week after I started this thread that said they had shot in 48 states, and although she didn't specify, I believe it was the contiguous 48 states (57 states according to some folks...:rolleyes::P).

Tennessee Tall & Rio Drifter

So, as those two will be hard to beat that, I suspect they will be the winner of this unofficial contest.

But keep posting folks!  I want to know which states to avoid...:lol:

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 8:54 AM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

The plan this summer is to add Montana and Wyoming to my list.

Well last month I added Montana but the Wyoming shoot got canceled.  So will have to find another time to shoot there.  That brings the total to 19 states so far.

Arizona

New Mexico

Colorado

Wyoming

Nebraska

Kansas

Oklahoma

Texas

Good places all. Hoping for more sooner than later.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator said:

15 I forgot New Mexico

I wondered.  I KNOW I saw you there.

Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island

Only 2, FL and KY.

And I am missing it as I haven't shot since last Aug as I took on a PT music job on Thurs and Sat. I can't make it back in time from the match to unload gear, shower, load music gear, get to the gig, load in, and be ready to go.

On 3/22/2023 at 1:04 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

ELEVEN....TX,  OK, LA,  AR,  MS, NM, AZ,  CA, IN,  IL, and MI.

Billy Boots, didn't you shoot Hell On Wheels in Cheyenne back in the early 2000's?

29 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Billy Boots, didn't you shoot Hell On Wheels in Cheyenne back in the early 2000's?

No LL, have not shot HOW.  Sure would like to though.  So many matches to make.

Hope you are doing well.

35 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

No LL, have not shot HOW.  Sure would like to though.  So many matches to make.

Hope you are doing well.

Still kickin', not shooting as much, burned out after 27 years. Shooting Hell On Wheels this week, it's across the street from our house, kind of hard to miss it when I can ride my sxs. Hope all is well!

18 hours ago, Wyatt Hurts SASS#72737 said:

Do the States of Confusion and Bewilderment count?

Nope, we all shoot in those states.  Right after the beep.

• 2 weeks later...

Tam Bam and I set a goal to shoot an annual or above in all the lower 48 (after seeing pics from Alaska that may have to change). We started shooting in Iowa in 2014 and quickly started enjoying traveling to other clubs and shoots. Moved to NM just in time for EOT and Founders Ranch to change it all up, oh well.

Elven states done, 38 ta go!!

On 6/19/2023 at 9:53 AM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Well last month I added Montana but the Wyoming shoot got canceled.  So will have to find another time to shoot there.  That brings the total to 19 states so far.

You should try to make Hell on Wheels next year in Cheyenne. It is a good shoot but better have  your running shoes on. You will cover a lot of ground during their match.

TM

• 2 months later...

34.  In about 5 years. 

michigan., wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, maine, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alaska, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Nebraska, Arkansas, Kentucky, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, new hemisphere, Rhode Island. 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, Dungannon Gunner said:

Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island

Hey, you forgot Tennessee!  You finished ahead of me in category at the TN State match.

I've only got four (In order of appearance): TN, KY, AL, OK.  I hope to add 4 more next year.

Archived