SASS Wire Forum

How Many States Have You Shot COWBOY In?

Hmm, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, New Mexico, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, New York, New Jersey, South Carolina

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, just two. One province, Saskatchewan and one state, Texas. But they are 1700 miles apart. I did shoot at 6 different clubs in Texas last trip. Cannot wait for next winter to go again.

TN x 20 years, GA, AL, OK. Virtually all my travelling due to Blackwater saying" Im going , why dont you go with me?"  edit add KY

Oh I went to the range with Marshall Stone while in AK, but no match.

Imis

Heading to “nanner split” country this year! Shortcake’s dad loved going to Texas. Always loved the folks he met there, so that trip needs to be planned.

AED160F0-EA72-45D9-9D93-D66928CEC3A7.jpeg

Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming plus Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan.

I have Alaska, Michigan, Minnesota and South Dakota on my bucket list.

Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Indiana going to shoot Kentucky and Mississippi this year as well as Oklahoma

i think ill add one or two this year , i need a good venue or two in july - i like traveling when i shoot [mini vacation/camping trip] i have friends that are thinking similarly and want to do that too , 

and thanks to a change in thinking by my daughter we might well be leaving this state - so ill add a bunch more southern locations , oll have to sell off the rest of my larger collection and pair down what i own a lot but we have talked about moving  

Way back in the earlier years of SASS we used to get a monthly publication of the Cowboy Chronicle, (hard copy) there was a wonderful couple that traveled all over our Great country shooting everywhere they went and writing articles about there experience.

Tennessee Tall and Rio Drifter have shot in 48 of our "53 states" (sarcasm intended)

Fantastic people and good friends, I can listen to their stories about shoots in places I have no intention of visiting any time they want to share.

So posting for Tall and Rio, 48 lower states

Despite being a member of SASS since 1990, I have only shot cowboy matches in PA, MD and VA.  A job loss in 2010 and discovey of some health issues in 2016 cut down my participation in the matches and any chance of going to any more states.  But I still try to come around to major matches if only to show my face and spread around a few Golden Dollars.

Kalifornia

Arizona

Nevada

Utah

New Mexico

Colorado

Wyoming

9 hours ago, punxsutawneypete said:

Despite being a member of SASS since 1990, I have only shot cowboy matches in PA, MD and VA.  A job loss in 2010 and discovey of some health issues in 2016 cut down my participation in the matches and any chance of going to any more states.  But I still try to come around to major matches if only to show my face and spread around a few Golden Dollars.

Always welcome here in Damascus.  Look forward to seeing you again at Thunder Valley Days!

On 3/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

Way back in the earlier years of SASS we used to get a monthly publication of the Cowboy Chronicle, (hard copy) there was a wonderful couple that traveled all over our Great country shooting everywhere they went and writing articles about there experience.

Tennessee Tall and Rio Drifter have shot in 48 of our "53 states" (sarcasm intended)

Fantastic people and good friends, I can listen to their stories about shoots in places I have no intention of visiting any time they want to share.

So posting for Tall and Rio, 48 lower states

That's one of my goals.

No, not shoot in 48 States.

Get TN Tall to sit down and have an iced tea or something and talk.

She is such an interesting and sweet person.

Actually my goal going forward is to talk to more people. And listen way better.

The states in blue are the ones we've actually shot matches in, and the ones in red are the visited only ones.

Over 25 years and of course our 5 years in Oklahoma.

Also shot in Czech Republic and all over Australia and twice in New Zealand.

Interactive Visited States Map _ amCharts.html Interactive Visited States Map 1 _ amCharts.html

Was just thinking about this lately, planning out the events we will go to this year...Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas and Wyoming. Will add North Dakota for sure this year.

2 hours ago, Star Shooter said:

Was just thinking about this lately, planning out the events we will go to this year...Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas and Wyoming. Will add North Dakota for sure this year.

You will not regret ND. They put on some awesome fun matches

image.thumb.jpeg.1167802df853b54be05284e6d7a67867.jpeg

12 so far, and in a few years when we hope to retire, gonna start filling in the SE

NE, KS, IA, MO, WY, CO, SD, ND, AZ, NV, PA, MD, VA.  I think that's all...I ain't got too far out in 20 yrs.

WATAB KID!!

You should put The BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT on your list! Third weekend in July!

You’ll never find a match that’s more fun and you’ll get to meet some of the most amazing people in SASS!

This is where you’ll find Tn Tombstone, Tn Tall, and T-Bone Dooley.  You’re liable to meet Widder and Missouri Lefty and even Korupt Karl!!

If you leave there sad or hungry, it’ll be your own dang fault and you’ll be entertained like nowhere else! It’s the natural home of Copperhead Joe’s “Lemonade” too!

OH!! There’s a purty dern good shoot that breaks out as well!!

Consider this as yore OH-FISHAL INVITE!!

Archived