SASS Wire Forum

How Many States Have You Shot COWBOY In?

Eleanor and I have 15 that I can thing of. (number of clubs I don't want to try to remember) Come July will be 25 years a SASS member.

MI, OH, IN ,Pa, WV ,IL, MN, KY ,LA, TX(could count this as at least 3 or 4),OK, AR, MO, NM ,and AZ. 

To many states and to little $$

Faygo Kid....OOPS...and CO

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few less than some but I’m still trying. Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona.   I guess that’s 12. 

Wow I’m getting old, I left out Texas!  I guess that makes 13. 
Forgot Mississippi, I guess that makes 14.

Randy

Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin.

Looks like I'm missing a few in the central U.S. - I'd probably better take care of that soon!

CS1674102772_amCharts(1).thumb.jpg.cf64a34a8e4e66164c8302412bbbc0a6.jpg

AL, AR, AZ, GA, IN, IL, KS, KY, MN, MO, MS, NH, OH, OK, SC, TN, TX.  That’s 17.

Georgia, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virgina, Kentucky, Illinois, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Mississippi, Ohio, 

Would love to visit more!

Just 5 for us: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and Iowa. 

I made a bucket list quite a few years ago, but that was when diesel was $2 per gallon.  We'll get a few more in, but not the whole list. 

BS

You did not specify cowboy action shooting only so here is my map I started several years ago and update everytime I add a new state.  It inlcudes Reenacting, Cowboy Action, Metallic Silhouettes, Grand Army of the Frontier and Team Challenge.  From all of those forms of shooting that comes out to 25 states with only 25 to go.  So looks like half the states.  :D :P

Well decided to do one of the electronc maps and add that also.

Alright @Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L I went back an made another one just with states I have shot Cowboy Action. ;)

US map.jpg

amCharts.jpg

amCharts cowby.jpg

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

You did not specify cowboy action shooting only so here is my map I started several years ago and update everytime I add a new state.  It inlcudes Reenacting, Cowboy Action, Metallic Silhouettes, Grand Army of the Frontier and Team Challenge.  From all of those forms of shooting that comes out to 25 states with only 25 to go.  So looks like half the states.  :D :P

Well decided to do one of the electronc maps and add that also.

US map.jpg

amCharts.jpg

Even just the Cowboy list is pretty darn good!

Note that I did go back to add COWBOY to the title and the instructions.  Never occurred to me to specify that as the only shooting activity that Holli and I travel for is Cowboy.  In fact, it's about the only shooting we do at all any more.

Ohio, PA, Kentucky, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Michigan 

2 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Alright @Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L I went back an made another one just with states I have shot Cowboy Action. ;)

amCharts cowby.jpg

Thank you for doing that.  As I said earlier, that is an impressive map!  Coast to Coast, and Top to Bottom, across the US.  Just add Alabama or Georgia and you will have all of them connected as well!  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Thank you for doing that.  As I said earlier, that is an impressive map!  Coast to Coast, and Top to Bottom, across the US.  Just add Alabama or Georgia and you will have all of them connected as well!  :lol:

That's my plan is to fill it in as best I can.  Will be looking for some State Matches to attend in the next couple years in States I have not shot CAS in YET. 

Started Cowboy Action in 2002.  Plan to retire from the University about April of next year with 20 years.  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

That's my plan is to fill it in as best I can.  Will be looking for some State Matches to attend in the next couple years in States I have not shot CAS in YET. 

Started Cowboy Action in 2002.  Plan to retire about April of next year with 20 years.  :ph34r:

Sounds like an outstanding plan!  Be safe until then and enjoy that Retirement!  Hopefully, we will bump into each other somewhere down the trail.

Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Idaho. 
on the list to try. 
Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas. 
Got plenty of time, holdup is that darn money thing. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

On 3/22/2023 at 6:15 PM, Stump Water said:

NC, SC, GA, FL, VA, MD, NH, NM, TN, KY

You NEED to come  back to KY.

I think that’s 22. Would like to shoot in Alaska next year. I’ve also shot in Australia. 30C4633C-5395-413E-94AA-45800F7772A9.thumb.jpeg.3c4254e719b944c2db7346a3ac802f73.jpeg

On 3/22/2023 at 1:46 PM, El Catorce said:

I’ve shot in 7 states… and 6 of those states are all in TEXAS ..plus 1 outside of Texas, Land Run last year in OK. … longest road trip for a Texas match from the Rio  Grande Valley to Fort Parker ~900+ round trip! I’d venture to say thats at least several states worth of travel alone! 

image.jpg

Don’t forget the state of confusion!

Archived