SASS Wire Forum

How Many States Have You Shot COWBOY In?

Holli and I have been trying to expand our shooting resume, not victories mind you, (that ain't happening :P), just the number of states in which we have shot.  Last year we added Oklahoma to the list when we attended Land Run and this year, we are adding Virginia and North Carolina to the list, but we have a long way to go to get them all.  Our goal is to hit all of the contiguous 48 United States before we are too decrepit to move, but that may be hard to do unless we pickup the pace a bit!  With 38 more to go after this year, even at 2 new ones per year, that will be another 19 years and I will be well past eligible for El Rey Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter! :o

There are certainly some obvious holes in our map, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee, along with South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to complete the big block east of the Mississippi.  Some of the states in the North East might be problematic for various reasons, but we shall see.  Comin' At Cha in Texas has been on our ToDo list for a very, very, long time, but that will likely have to be part of a South Western run after Holli retires as I understand it takes at least a week to recover from the fun at that match! :lol:

So, how many State have you shot (Edit to add...) COWBOY in?  Here is my list...

1750833027_2023StatesShotMap.thumb.jpg.97777b21285eb5bb2c84a68df09f9dd9.jpg

If you want to post a map like I did above, you can use the following website to generate the picture.  Interactive Visited States Map   Then, just pick your colors from the chart on the right and select your states from the scrolling list.  Download the picture to your computer and then post it to the thread.

For the sake of consistency, below are the Map Parameters I used...

605594138_StatesShotMapParameters.JPG.a0465572dcba5aa386435d1622bd8ccb.JPG

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Yankee, SASS #266 said:

17 States:  Ma, Ct, R I, NH, Me, VT, NY, Pa, WV, NC, SC, Fla, TN, TX, NM, AZ, OK 

I think you may have short-changed yourself there.  I am pretty sure you were at at least a couple of the Mason-Dixon Stampedes in Maryland back when it was the North East Regional.  I used to help with registrations and posse assignments there for maybe 10 years before running it for the last 3 years when it was a Divisional.  I am sure I saw your name on the list back in the earlier days, but I could be mistaken on that.

Of course, if you want to disavow having ever been to Maryland, (I was born here and lived my whole life here) I can certainly understand that! :lol:

Living in as Texas, I’ve only shot in 3 states, Texas, Oklahoma & Louisiana. 
its a looooong way out of Texas for me. But I have shot at least 10 clubs in Texas. (Seems like I’m forgetting one!) 

Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama and Indiana.

Adding Georgia in May. 

Hope to add both the Carolinas in the next couple years and maybe Oklahoma at some point.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

its a looooong way out of Texas for me. But I have shot at least 10 clubs in Texas. (Seems like I’m forgetting one!) 

Three: Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizonia. But thinking about Wyoming and possibly an international shoot.

Only 5 clubs in Texas for me. 

14 States; Ariz, Calif, Colo, Utah, Wash, Oregon, Nevada, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Texas, Louisiana, Idaho, Arkansas, Montana.

Just plain fantastic adventures & meeting lots of folks & having fun filled shooting.

Will never forget 1995 in Durango, Colorado meeting Harry Carey Jr at the Durango Junction Cowboy Shoot.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

image.png.a61ebc062bb3b48a0242f16aa0a25192.png

Will add Kansas and Washington this year and Arkansas next year.

I see the posters on this threads as recreational Paladins.

We've been lame! Only 4 states so far. Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, & Connecticut. Really,really need to hit New York, Mass. & Rhode Island!

36 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We've been lame! Only 4 states so far. Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, & Connecticut. Really,really need to hit New York, Mass. & Rhode Island!

Come to the MA, CT, RI Tri-State in Harvard, Mass. in June.   A fun shoot no matter how you slice it.   It's the closest thing we have to a New England regional.

And be sure to come to Cowboy Church on Sunday.  You'll get to hear me preach, and probably sing.

How many have I shot in, or how many have I shot Cowboy Action in? I've shot in a LOT more than I've shot just CAS in.

Shot CAS in: Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, North Dakota, and somewhere in the four corners region whilst on vacation 25 years ago, but danged if I remember which state... around Cortez CO maybe...?

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

CONFUSION - Regularly :rolleyes:

I was just thinking "sober" when I saw the title, but confusion counts as my second.

On topic, CA, UT, TN, SC. All competition has been in TN.

36 different clubs in 15 states so far.

OH, IN, IL MI, KY, TN, AL, FL, GA, NH, SC, PA, OK, NM, AZ.

Too many clubs, not enough time. 

amCharts~2.jpg

19 plus New Zealand.  There will be several that I'll never get to, and a few not listed that I visited but didn't shoot.  

amCharts.jpg

I’ve shot in 7 states… and 6 of those states are all in TEXAS ..plus 1 outside of Texas, Land Run last year in OK. … longest road trip for a Texas match from the Rio  Grande Valley to Fort Parker ~900+ round trip! I’d venture to say thats at least several states worth of travel alone! 

image.jpg

ELEVEN....TX,  OK, LA,  AR,  MS, NM, AZ,  CA, IN,  IL, and MI.

We're fairly new, but jumped in with both feet.  In two years we've shot in:

TN, VA, KY, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, & MI.

That makes 9

I guess I had gotten around more than I thought!!!  13  +  1

WA,  OR, ID, MT, UT, CO, WY, CA, NV, AZ, NM, FL  & OH  and AK

Still looking at MN and OK

But then I forgot about AK so 14

Ol'  #4

Nevada - seven different clubs (might be more). 

California - eleven different clubs (might be more). 

Oregon - one club. 

Washington - two clubs. 

Arizona - ten different clubs (might be more). 

Utah - four or five different clubs. 

Texas - two different clubs.   

New Mexico - EOT.   

Michigan - one club

Sadly - in the southwest; we kind of fall into the same issue as Texas shooters.

Once you get check off California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah - everything else becomes a pretty good road trip or airplane ride.

Illinois, Arkansas, Texas, Alabama

9 for me - Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Kansas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada

Jax T

Archived