SASS Wire Forum

Smith’s are some tough guns

Buckshot Bob

Here’s the story 

A true gunsmithing project here via @thebiguglyone! "So a customer comes in and asks if we work on old revolvers. I said that our gun plumbers do and asked what he had. He tells me that his friend wanted us to fix his old Smith and Wesson and had him drop it off. Anyone who has worked at a gun shop knows this is going to be good, anyway he pulls it out of his jacket and shows us this beautiful 1945 pre model 10 with, as I put on the repair ticket, 'slight barrel issues' plus the cylinder was stuck. We count 12 bullets stacked nose to butts the full length of the barrel. Upon freeing the cylinder with a few taps of the mighty thumb detector, we pull out 6 shell casings of squib loads

I cannot understand how anyone could be that stupid. What’s even worse this moron is probably a registered voter and gets a monthly taxpayer funded check for sitting around playing video games and smoking drugs. 

I taught my brother-in-law how to reload.

He taught his wife.

She came to get me one day and said she thought she had a bullet stuck in the barrel. 357 Blackhawk. I pounded six jacketed hollow points out of that barrel.

Apparently she forgot to put powder in 'em.

There was a picture where the  "smith" used a side grinder down the side of a Colt Python to show the 6 bullets in the barrel.  Visual aids are so intersting.      GW

Archived