SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 73 rifle info needed

Doc Hurd #12379

Easy to take off the side plate and look at the connection between the Firing Pin Extension and the Bolt, to see if it uses just the OLD small cross pin or the NEW key-shaped locking pin and larger pin.  But are you asking about the somewhat-new bolt that went to the new locking system, or the NEW-new bolt with the replaceable cartridge support tab?   If I remember right, both new versions have the key lock rather than small pin.

If you are concerned about if you have a  replaceable support tab, I'd take out bolt and look at it directly.  Then you will know for sure, even if the gun was made mid year during the switchover from solid to replaceable tab.

Proof date code is usually a two character set in a box.   W is the first part of serial number, and as far as I know, Uberti holds that info (exact serial number date of production) close and shares it only when directly contacted about a particular gun.

good luck, GJ

I have or have had a few Uberti 73s with W starting serial number.  

W0...  gun - I never looked at the proof date, but it was about 3 years old when I got it in 2007, and no longer have that one

W0..... gun proof dates to 2004, has a small connection pin

W0.... gun - I never proof dated it, was several years old then I got it in 2012, gone now, had a small connection pin

W13...   gun purchase date suggests 2005 or early 2006 build, has a small connection pin

W28...  purchase date suggests a 2007 or 08 gun, and this has a new key style connection

W54..   purchase date suggests a 2010 or 11 gun, and this has a new key style connection

From this, I would strongly suspect your W26... serial numbered gun has the new key style FPE connector.    But to be sure, you would need to look at the left side of the (front) link block on the bolt.  A small hole at top of side of that block means it is the old small connection pin, no hole means it takes the key connector.

good luck, GJ

Archived