SASS Wire Forum

Win 244 ?

Buckshot Bob

Anyone here used it ? I was in a local shop the other day and noticed that all the powder was at least $40 a pound and up to $55, and this place is usually priced pretty fairly. 
So I was ordering a few things at Graff&sons and came across this 

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/76228

I did a little research and it’s right next to unique on the burn rate chart , it has the copper eraser additive like CFE pistol. I know I should have asked this question before I bought it, but with the way things are going I don’t know the next time we’re gonna see powder for $25 a pound 

I picked it up mostly for 9mm but it looks like it might do ok for some cowboy loads 

So . . . . you laid out the Folding Green for a Propellant and Shipping, for which you have zero use information and sip for load data, just because it's available??   

Heck, I can fix ya up with some swell War Surplus Machine Gun Powder!!  Selling at gum't  surplus prices too.  Doesn't say which "war" though.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

So . . . . you laid out the Folding Green for a Propellant and Shipping, for which you have zero use information and sip for load data, just because it's available??   

Heck, I can fix ya up with some swell War Surplus Machine Gun Powder!!  Selling at gum't  surplus prices too.  Doesn't say which "war" though.

There’s plenty of load data available. It looks great for 9mm, “what I’m buying it for” and 38, 45 acp , and I paid about $10 bucks less per pound than the going rate for Winchester powder, no shipping, just hazmat. Plus I ordered some 3N37 they also have on sale to spread the hazmat out more. How do you try new powders without buying them ? I’m just asking if anyone has tried it, especially in cowboy loads which are many times below recommended minimum. This is a newer Winchester powder, it came out in 2018, not some old reclaimed powder. 

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Looks like it will work just fine. Suggested loads are a little warmer than what most folks shoot, but well within the rules.

I’m buying it for 9mm, maybe some 38 target loads, I have enough Solo 1000 for cowboy loads to last me the rest of my lifetime. It was my favorite shotgun powder when I used to shoot sporting clays. I just thought if anyone likes powder that’s about the same burning rate as unique,”which I’ve seen a number of people say they like on this forum” you probably won’t find powder much cheaper. And if Russia really gets going in the spring and the powder plants gear up to supply Ukraine I can imagine the civilian market will take a big hit. I just read an article the other day they are using munitions at a faster rate right now than we have the ability to produce on a daily basis in the US. Great for companies like General Dynamics. Not so great for target shooters. So I guess it will depend on how much the rest of the NATO contingent are willing to kick in. Hopefully it doesn’t happen but there’s no sense not being covered if it does. 

That’s what I’ve been using since the traiboss ran out. I kinda like it. 4.2 grain’s pushing a 125 grain. It’s a lot cleaner than trailboss or unique. 
Laramie. 

Archived