SASS Wire Forum

Team USA in World Baseball

DeaconKC

The World Baseball Classic is held every three years. 2020's was cancelled due to Covid. Team USA won in 2017 and is trying to repeat this year. They play the winner of tonight's Japan vs Mexico game on Tuesday. They are playing great ball right now. GO USA!

I tried like he^& to get into it but it's just so boring to me! It means nothing!! It literally put me to sleep.

Opening day is 10 days away for real MLB baseball!!

There’s been some great games and the next 2 shouldn’t disappoint either. GO USA!!!

Some good baseball being played.  I’ve enjoyed what I’ve been able to watch.

I’ve been watching college baseball and my racing for the most part.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I tried like he^& to get into it but it's just so boring to me! It means nothing!! It literally put me to sleep.

Opening day is 10 days away for real MLB baseball!!

Pard, I hate to tell you this, but MLB has become one of the most boring baseball games around.  It's either swing for the fences or strike out.  College baseball is old fashioned "small ball," so it's exciting to watch.  There is strategy and actual hitting--not home run, but hitting opposite field, gappers, etc. that showcases ALL baseball skills instead of just swinging a tree as hard as possible.  I can barely stand MLB anymore.

14 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Pard, I hate to tell you this, but MLB has become one of the most boring baseball games around.  It's either swing for the fences or strike out.  College baseball is old fashioned "small ball," so it's exciting to watch.  There is strategy and actual hitting--not home run, but hitting opposite field, gappers, etc. that showcases ALL baseball skills instead of just swinging a tree as hard as possible.  I can barely stand MLB anymore.

Well pard I disagree, I can hardly wait till the real season starts. I’m looking forward to it. Too bad you’re not. To each his own.;)

23 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

i agree to a point.  There are several MLB teams that still play “Small Ball”, although I hope that changes with the banning of “The Shift”.

Last year’s NL batting champ, Jeff McNeil, hit several homers, but mostly, he hit to every field and defied teams to shift on him. He also played exceptionally well on the infield!

In the AL, Aaron Judge almost won a Batting Triple Crown and SHOULD have won a Gold Glove as well!

I like a good “pitcher’s duel” or one of those games that features great fielding and execution on the base paths!!  

I also enjoy a good “slugfest” and even a game where one team is blasting homers and the other team does a parade on the bases!

I just love good baseball, all kinds of it!  One pitching mistake or even that one error that changes the game or the outcome can be as thrilling/heartbreaking as the walk-off hit or the bases loaded 9th inning swinging K!

My home team the Guardians (Indians) played some great baseball last year. Lots of hitting to all fields , stealing bases and good solid pitching. They were the youngest team in MLB. They won the AL Central. Looking forward to some good baseball in 10 days!

I watched a pair of college teams last Thursday night that played some great baseball.  It was one team’s night, but both teams played well!!

Mississippi vs Vanderbilt was good baseball.  Vandy had a fabulous night in the field.  Ole Miss was HAMMERING the ball and the ‘Dores’ fielding was up to the task.  There were some absolute robberies that prevented The Rebels from scoring!

Meanwhile, Vandy hit a couple of “Moon Shots”, but the difference was stolen bases, heads up base running, and timely base hits.

The game was much closer than the score indicated.

Two college baseball powerhouses playing top quality baseball!!  Ain’t much better in sports!!

What a game that Mexico-Japan game was.Wow!!!

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

What a game that Mexico-Japan game was.Wow!!!

You ain’t just whistlin’ Dixie!!

Team USA vs Japan for the World Title tonight?

Oh yea, I’ll have to watch this one! Go USA :FlagAm:

USA has T-Mobile on their batting helmets and Japan has NX Nippon Express. First time I ever saw advertising on batting helmets! :o Everything has to be money and advertising!:angry:

3 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Watching it now. USA just busted a homer against Darvish. 3-2 Japan, 1 out top 8.

JHC

Good game so far!! We might see Ohtani against Trout !

Oh well.

Archived