SASS Wire Forum

RESULTS - IDES of March 2023 - SASS Florida State Championship

The Outlaw Travis James

image.thumb.jpeg.540faa9bbb72cdfe935c5bdea972db42.jpeg

~RESULTS~

Ides of March - 2023 SASS Florida State Championship

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/PF.Site/Apps/phpfoxer_file_loader/files/1/LCP+Ides+of+March+2023.pdf 

On 3/20/2023 at 11:34 AM, Arcadia Outlaw, SASS 71385 said:

Thanks !

There were a lot of happy shooters this weekend.

AO

Yes there were. If you didn't make it, you missed out on a great weekend!

Once again, Holli and I had a great time at the Ides.  There is no doubt that it is one of our favorite matches of the year and we are already making plans to be back next year.  The Florida Crew never fails to put on a great match and the people are just fantastic.

Weather kept threatening, but managed to hold off for the entire match, and even gave us enough time to get our guns cleaned and truck repacked on Saturday, with time to get to the Hotel, cleaned up, and back to the banquet with plenty of time.  Starting that extra 30 minutes early on Saturday was a great call by the Match Director!

This year, I even earned (barely) what I am calling the Blind Squirrel Award!  Shooting Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter and making enough smoke that neither I nor the spotters could see the targets, I managed to shoot the match CLEAN!  Now to be honest, I suspect I had one miss, (I certainly couldn't see the targets through all the smoke) and one of the spotters agreed with me on that, but I guess the other two spotters were too busy coughing and wiping the tears from their eyes to see it 'cause they called it clean! :P  Shooting BP, sometimes you win one, sometimes you lose one, but either way it's always a lot of fun, so I will just call this my Dirty-Clean Award.

Great Match Guys, and as always, we loved the Top Gun Shoot-Off.  See you in 2024!

493014669_Ides2023CleanMatchAward.thumb.jpg.47cbccd00fb59e253724c32c045bd39a.jpg

Official 2023 Florida State Championship
Blind Squirrel Award

I have received several requests for Wild Bunch scores. I include them at the end of the Main Match score sheet. 

Archived