SASS Wire Forum

Primers

Old Ranger

Target Sports USA just got in Federal small pistol primers.  $90/1k free shipping, $30 hazmat.  I didn't look to see how many you can order to split up the hazmat. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

Target Sports USA just got in Federal small pistol primers.  $90/1k free shipping, $30 hazmat.  I didn't look to see how many you can order to split up the hazmat. 

Maximum of 5 cases! 

It would be best to use a hand primer to fully seat them if the ones you get are slightly shorter than they should be like the ones I got. I question this company’s  quality control.

I have no problem using these primers for guns that do not have lighter springs. My SASS guns will set off Winchester  CCI (new), Federal and Wolf. They will not always set these off and when they do the primer strike is very light. Those primers work very well for Pro steel, wild bunch etc.

kR

A guy I know bought some and he had some FTF's in his pistols.  None of his guns are "tuned" with lighter springs.  

If I was desperate, I would try them.   Might only use them for practice loads unless they worked 100%.  

Others have reported good success.   

I wish I could find the link but I saw Winchester primers for $83/k.   I am still good on primers or I would have bought those.  

On 3/20/2023 at 1:54 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Maximum of 5 cases! 

A sleeve is 100, a box is 1,000, a case is 5,000... are you sure?

1 hour ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I’m POSITIVE!!

Thats all they will do per order!

I know from experience!!:D

That's a good thing!

Archived