SASS Wire Forum

Opinion on Taylor and Co. 1873 Comanchero

Shanghai Jack

• Shanghai Jack changed the title to Opinion on Taylor and Co. 1873 Comanchero - Sorry posted in wrong forum

I have one that was “factory tuned” which had a “cut and weld” action job and I had lots of trouble with it. I had to have a short stroke kit installed and a new lever. I personally would NOT recommend the cut and weld factory tuned one. Just buy one stock and have a short stroke installed. It’s a great rifle. 

I've been using one in 45 Colt since 2014.  Last year I finally installed a Cowboy45Special carrier and short stroke kit in it.  I'm beginning to like it better than when it was stock.  (My first short stroked rifle).    I've done the same to my Henry and would really like to shoot a stage with it where I eliminated the pistols and reloaded one on the clock to make the 20 shots needed!  :D

I've been shooting one since 2010 with no issues. I personally know over fifty shooters that use them with no issues. I do know one cowboy that had a problem with his so there is always a chance of that, the same as buying a Ford F150. There's always the chance that you are buying that one lemon. 

4 hours ago, Griff said:

I've been using one in 45 Colt since 2014.  Last year I finally installed a Cowboy45Special carrier and short stroke kit in it.  I'm beginning to like it better than when it was stock.  (My first short stroked rifle).    I've done the same to my Henry and would really like to shoot a stage with it where I eliminated the pistols and reloaded one on the clock to make the 20 shots needed!  :D

Welcome to the 21st century Griff lol

Archived