SASS Wire Forum

Drumming in the mountains

Rye Miles #13621

This was me in 1992 playing some dudes drums that were setup in a lookout space in the mountains in So. California. 

FF8DC310-A810-4A76-B696-6CB7212AC70E.jpeg

89C7F2C4-F2EF-4F73-91EE-B4DA4F7D85D3.jpeg

26D3363F-7E76-4EEA-B339-7E721DFD60DF.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You were a drummer and you still have enough of an ear to tune pianos. Impressive!!

Yea and shoot too!! Uhhh….what’s that you say????:P

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yea and shoot too!! Uhhh….what’s that you say????:P

Was that in the Orange County area??? There was someone who did that same thing....Use to see him practicing.....That was in the Orange Hills area...

Texas Lizard

6 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Was that in the Orange County area??? There was someone who did that same thing....Use to see him practicing.....That was in the Orange Hills area...

Texas Lizard

No that that was in the mountains a little south of Tujunga a suburb of Los Angeles.  I was visiting my cousin who lived there. I think it was in the Verdugo mountains.

There wasn’t a band with him?

In the 80’s I recall a band that would show up at vista points or beachside parking lots to play. It could be that it was a way to practice without disturbing people where they lived. 

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There wasn’t a band with him?

In the 80’s I recall a band that would show up at vista points or beachside parking lots to play. It could be that it was a way to practice without disturbing people where they lived. 

No this guy just set up his drums and played by himself. Me and my cousin and my two sons stopped and talked to the dude. He was a nice guy, he let us play his drums and take pics. He even offered us some weed!!! :lol:

On 3/20/2023 at 8:24 AM, Michigan Slim said:

Sure wish we had a place like that when my son played the drums! I'd a drove him there every day!

Ditto!

CJ

Archived