SASS Wire Forum

Plans for building CAS stage props?

Barlow_GHSS

Our Club The Golden Heart Shootists Society needs to build some new stage props. Since losing the lease on our old range, a few years ago, we had to abandon the range and most of the props we had been using because there was no time and no place to store them.

If anyone has some plans  for building Plywood Slot-in-Panel stage props we would like to aquire copies.

None of us are artists or carpenters but we can manage if the designs are simple enough  and we have enough band-aids .

Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a set drawn out on the ground back behind the chicken run I'd let go real cheap. You'd have to come dig them up yourself though.:ph34r:

I been wanting to use that one for quite a while. I would put this over on the wire. I bet there's plenty folks willing to send you some plans.

Just cut blocks of ice out of the Chena -,you can make an ice palace

I just built a couple of moveable store front stage props.  I did not use any plan, just kinda winged it.  Built them in three sections out of 1 x2.  Each section is about 4 x 8.  The middle section is a doorway.  Each side has a single window.  Remember to make the doorway big enough for a tall cowboy wearing a hat.  Same for the windows.  Make em wide and high.  I adjusted the bottom of the window height to fit the portable tables we use for staging/.  I used flag style lift off hinges to hold the panels together.  One of our club members had access to heavy cardboard sheets.  Another member painted them.  They came out pretty good and are portable.

Make some out of plywood. Start with the shape, then cut a slot the width of the plywood, starting from the top down half way on one piece, the halfway up on the other piece. This way they interlock and are self supporting. Pictures show samples. Campfire and Cactus pictures Yours. NBota

Campfire 2014.JPG

IMAG0002.JPG

Barlow  Check with Marshall Stone, in Wasilla. He is a good guy and can probably help.  They have a bunch of portable target arrays and props and may have some usable plans.

Imis

Be careful when designing facades. Many I've seen restrict ability for spotters to get a good view of targets. They can also limit the imagination of stage writing and stages become redundant. 

Archived