SASS Wire Forum

Your category tally

Lankyframe #44046

How many categories have you shot in since you started this game? I'm not talking about trying one a few times, but for at least a season.

I started shooting two handed for a number of years then shot duelist for a long time. Been shooting gunfighter for about 5-6 yrs now.

LF

49er, Duelist, Gun Fighter, Senior Gun Fighter and on rare occasions Josey Wales.

4 - Traditional, Frontier Cartridge, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, and Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter.  I do plan on shooting the unofficial Deuces Wild Gunfighter (22s) at some of our local matches this year, but 4 so far over the last 20+ years.

I shot frontiersman for 3 stages once. Does that count?  :). Couldn't get through a single stage without a cap in the works. Traded that '60 for a Model P. 

Other than that, Traditional, 49r, Sr, SS, ES, GF, FC, & FCGF.

8 so far.  Started out in Modern. Switched to 49er for a while and then Frontiersman.  I switched to FCGF when Judge ‘em All Duncan asked me to join him and some others to help make it an official category. I shot many Josey Wales matches and Senior and Silver Senior then went Outlaw for a while wherever they allowed it. Next time out, I’ll probably shoot Elder Statesman for a while, at least until I can get my balance and movement straightened out. :rolleyes:

Black Powder, Frontier Cartridge, Duelist, Gunfighter, Cowboy, 49er, Senior, Silver Senior, Elder Statesman, Frontiersman, Senior Frontiersman, ES Frontiersman, & Senior Frontiersman Gunfighter.

Long term? Wrangler for about three years. Went to Classic Cowboy and have stayed. Will probably have to go to FCD to shoot guns I have but cannot within CC plus might have to try FCGF sometime. Its about having fun, right?

:D

Duelist, Classic Cowboy, FCD, Senior Duelist, Silver Senior Duelist and now Cattlebaron. 

2011-2012 - Frontier Cartridge Duelist

2013 - Present - Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

Classic Cowboy and/or Steampunk off and on the whole time. I'd probably switch to either permanently if they allowed Gunfighter style.

I started as a 49r, then to Senior and now Silver Senior. Have shot FC a couple times. Also, Plainsman side matches, great fun!!

Smokeless: modern, 49er, Senior, silver senior, elder statesman

Black Powder; FC, SFC, SSFC, ESFC

I peaked when I was shooting Senior.  My stage times have been slowly increasing since then.  The sport is still as fun as ever.

Senior then Silver Senior then I saw the light and the true way. Now it's Classic. 

ONLY TWO in 22 years:  

2001- 2002:  MODERN with 10.5" Super Blackhawks

2003 to 2023:  GUNFIGHTER with 5.5" KBV's (occasionally BP)

Oh, yeah...I forgot...I shot JOSIE WALES at some small shoots.

Two.

Went right to Duelist after my first few matches. 

After a few years. Went to Gunfighter. Shot that for 5-6 years.

Then back to Duelist.

Now in Sr Duelist. 

Might go back to Gunfighter at some point. But  

49r, Duelist, Frontier Cartridge, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, and now Frontiersman. 

BS

Let's see, started in 2002.  Traditional (started two handed grip with .38 cal.), 49er (same as traditional just once I turned 49), Duelist (seemed better that two handed - shoot now when I want to use revolvers smaller that .40 cal.), Classic Cowboy (as soon as it became a category - purchased all new firearms and chose 38-40 cal.), Frontiersman (when I want to shoot cap & ball), Frontier Cartridge Duelist (when I want to make smoke and not shoot cap & ball).  Have shot a duelist style exclusivly now for 18 years (not sure I could even shoot 2 handed grip now).  I attempted double duelist style for over a year and gave up with my left hand not cooperating (so never tried Gunfighter).

Started 2003, shot Traditional for a couple of years then went to Classic Cowboy. Shot Senior in 2018 when my arthritis was acting up. Starline started producing 45 Cowboy Special brass again that year so I went back to CC. Shot Senior CC at EOT and Oregon State last year, CC everywhere else...

Have stuck with the age based categories.

A couple matches in 2006 until the hook was set as a 49er.

Full time 49er from 2007 till 2016.

Senior for 3 years out of 5. Took almost two and a half years off to care for my Mom (cancer).

Came back as Silver Senior in 2021.

So three

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived