SASS Wire Forum

Humvee replacement

Utah Bob #35998

Hmmm…ya mean it ain’t Green? 

The JLTV is powered by a Duramax V8 turbo-diesel engine coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission.

https://militaryleak.com/2018/09/20/oshkosh-joint-light-tactical-vehicle-jltv/

I guess the Brits are getting some too

https://spotter-up.com/1b-worth-joint-light-tactical-vehicles-uk-purchase-plan/

1 hour ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Nothing New , We have been using them for years , Heres Mine in Shitstanigan 
 I also have a picture of the person sending some of those rounds , He didnt fair as well .

image0 (29).jpeg

image1 (12).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

Wow!  Did the crew compartment separate from the frame?  Hope everybody inside was OK.  The M113s we used would have had a major problem.

4 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Wow!  Did the crew compartment separate from the frame?  Hope everybody inside was OK.  The M113s we used would have had a major problem.

Well I am here ,  we were lucky had a few injuries on some of the crew ( I was TC ) so helo'd out  that time ( and Part of the reason I later got the Nickname "Wyatt"  and yes I think these were sent to me by crew that was sent for recovery .

The Door shots were from a different time LOL 

So the Humvee base price is around a quarter million dollars, and the JLTV nearly a hundred grand over that.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but is there anything in the motor pool inventory that's simple, utilitarian, and (relatively) inexpensive... like the good ol' Jeep, or other Jeep-like vehicles?  :huh:

33 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but is there anything in the motor pool inventory that's simple, utilitarian, and (relatively) inexpensive... like the good ol' Jeep, or other Jeep-like vehicles?  :huh:

I don't know. But I don't think I'd want to ride in one in a combat zone.

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So the Humvee base price is around a quarter million dollars, and the JLTV nearly a hundred grand over that.

14 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I don't know. But I don't think I'd want to ride in one in a combat zone.

Lots of Toyota pickups on the other side. 

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Lots of Toyota pickups on the other side. 

Thanks...but no thanks. If someone is shooting at me, I believe that I'll choose the JLTV over a Toyota.

33 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Thanks...but no thanks. If someone is shooting at me, I believe that I'll choose the JLTV over a Toyota.

2F9431A8-9F42-47FE-9738-1D06DCC7E8B2.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I’ll bet. I should have said “the enemy uses Toyota trucks”. 

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Scorpion 

38B38D79-9D41-4CC6-BCE1-3643F4AA46D3.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So what’re the new and improved features that are coming along, other than a new expenditure?

I believe the biggest improvement is that armor is now standard equipment and not an add on. 

It also incorporates mine resistant features that the Humvee lacked.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I believe the biggest improvement is that armor is now standard equipment and not an add on. 

It also incorporates mine resistant features that the Humvee lacked.

Where can I get one? I’m planning to drive through Chicago?   :ph34r:

On 3/15/2023 at 4:19 PM, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

That is why in my 11 moths in III Corp VN in 1970-1971 all the M113's had rocket ammo boxes filled with dirt stacked all around their tops. 

Archived