SASS Wire Forum

greetings from Bavaria

Bulletseven

Hi togehter,
my name is Torsten(Bulletseven) and I'm from Bavaria (Germany).
My friend Forestgun and I want to do western shooting a little more intensively here.
I'm looking forward to a lively exchange and I'm sure there's a lot to learn.

sorry about my english….half by me and half by Mr. google 

Greetings from Bavaria
Bulletseven

47 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

SASS # 3295 ???? Wirklich?

the sass rules are shot in germany by the BDS (Bund deutscher Schützen), and in germany they started with 1, i got the nr 4327 in january this year.

Hello and wellcome Torte. 

Official Westernshooting Site in Germany: https://www.bdsnet.de/western/western.html

And here the Translation with Google translator: 

Western shooting or internationally "Cowboy Action Shooting" is a dynamic shooting sport, but at the same time also "living history", because it is shot in the historical outfit from the wedding of the cowboys in the late 19th century.

Each participant must shoot at targets in a course (stage) in a prescribed sequence for a time.  If the targets are not hit or fired on in the wrong order, the shooter will receive a time penalty that will be added to the result.  In the end, whoever has the shortest total time wins.
 A match can include up to 16 different stages and can be spread over several days.  Each of these stages has its own individual sequence, targets are at different distances and/or are shot at in a different order, and the four weapons are always used a little differently, all in all very varied and challenging!

As a rule, steel targets are fired at, which indicate the hit either as folding targets by falling over or as standing targets (so-called gongs) by a loud >ping<.  There are no ring numbers or hit zones as in other shooting disciplines in CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting).  In order to ensure the highest level of safety, every shooter must complete a "Safety and Rules Test" (SuRT) before participating in a match.  In this course, the budding "cowboy" is taught the security measures necessary for participating in a match.  Innovations in the sports handbook (rules) must still be read before each match.  There is also some information about this in the FAQs.

Weapons from the American pioneer era are used for the CAS.  The "Wild West", the period from the beginning of the great cattle treks around 1866 to the 1990s.  To participate in a CAS match, each shooter needs two single-action revolvers, a lever-action rifle, and a shotgun from the era.  The most famous weapons of the cowboys are undoubtedly the Colt revolver "Single Action Army" and the Winchester rifle 73. Both weapons have even made it to the secret star of many Hollywood films and have become world famous as a result.

For "greenhorns" without weapons it is no problem to enter the world of cowboys, rental weapons can be used by many clubs and are also available on request for larger events.  BDS clubs where CAS can be tried out and trained can be found here.

In Germany, cowboy action shooting is divided into classes 1870, 1880 and 1890, which differ in the choice of weapons and clothing, among other things.  Depending on the class, the regulations differ significantly here.  However, a plaid shirt, a hat, jeans and boots are sufficient to get started.
 A description of the various classes with their regulations on weapons and clothing can be found on the following pages, as well as "insider tips" from the reigning German champions.

Internationally, CAS is managed by SASS from the USA.  The rules of the BDS have been brought closer to those of the SASS in recent years, but they are not identical.  Foreign shooters in particular who take part in western matches in Germany must take this into account.

Welcome! Pull up a rock and have a sit by the fire.  

Always amazes me how people who are fluent in English as a second language are always apologizing to the monoglot Americans for their (supposedly) poor English skills.  

1 hour ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

the sass rules are shot in germany by the BDS (Bund deutscher Schützen), and in germany they started with 1, i got the nr 4327 in january this year.

Hello and wellcome Torte. 

Thanks for the info, I had no idea.

Welcome from Arkansas, USA. Great bunch here!

8 hours ago, Big Gus, SASS# 66666 said:

Where in Bayern do you live. I hail from Braunau am Inn and my Vater was from Simbach am Inn. Going to be there in a few weeks and hope to meet up with Forest Gun for a few biers und bretzen.

Big Gus #66666

AKA Werner Gstattenbauer

Hi Big Gus,

I‘am from Töging, near Forest Gun.

If you are in Bavaria….we drink some Beer, eat some Bretzn und Weisswürst

1 hour ago, Bulletseven said:

I‘am from Töging, near Forest Gun.

We were practically neighbors, separated by a few hundred kilometers.  I was stationed in Ansbach in the late 1980s and flew missions around your space. Beautiful country with friendly people.

Herzliche Wilkommen!

Welcome...Heck even in Australia we don't speak real good english...well that's what some say that don't understand good 'ole Aussie slang :P

Here you are, Bulletseven. An 1860 Moore 7 shot pistol. ;)

3F9A280A-B08F-410B-B1C7-5734E0520831.jpeg

Archived