SASS Wire Forum

Just Incase you missed the Oscar’s

Buckshot Bob

26 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

What's the Oscars?

US codename for a Japanese fighter aircraft from WWII?

Oscars can be caught in the wild and are GOOD eatin’ when fried right!!

The keyboard player in my band used to work for the state wildlife department and did fish surveys.  He cooks some really fine freshwater fish and Oscar is one that he does super fine!!

17 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Oscars can be caught in the wild and are GOOD eatin’ when fried right!!

The keyboard player in my band used to work for the state wildlife department and did fish surveys.  He cooks some really fine freshwater fish and Oscar is one that he does super fine!!

They are probably freshwater fish now because they got too big for their tank, killed many of the other fish, so their owners let them go in lakes. That wasn't uncommon in Florida back then. I knew several people that let Oscars, Jack Dempseys and Red Devils loose into lakes. Nobody really thought about the harm that could be caused by letting non-native fish go into the ecosystem. Turns out that some of them, like the Oscar, are prolific breeders in the wild. Never thought about eating them though, sounds good also.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Didn't miss them bit.  Haven't watched them in close to 35 years and don't miss them even the least amount

me either , in all of what you said , furthermore anyone that attended is nothing more than an entertainer - they got paid to do that , why would i care what they think of themselves ? 

Archived