SASS Wire Forum

New kid on the block !

Been watchin ' a few vids of a young fella I ain't heard of before....names Skrap & just shot EOT,  finished  21st o'all. Look out Matt Black & other fast guns as this kid if he keeps at it will get better & better...he's all over the place at the moment but once he gets his act together ..lightning fast with the '97 & same with pistols / rifle.I like the little hat he wears ..a real street kid !! Buckaroo or Junior I can't remember, a hell of a shooter for a youngin'.......

If you look at the SASS Homepage a series of photos scroll by.  One is of Chicken George’s large family.  Scrap P is one of the boys.  He just keeps getting faster!  If Chicken George’s family makes it to the New Mexico State match in September, Scrap P will be a contender for the state title.  His little sister, Miss Behavin is one of the cutest buckarettes at any match.

3 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

If you look at the SASS Homepage a series of photos scroll by.  One is of Chicken George’s large family.  Scrap P is one of the boys.  He just keeps getting faster!  If Chicken George’s family makes it to the New Mexico State match in September, Scrap P will be a contender for the state title.  His little sister, Miss Behavin is one of the cutest buckarettes at any match.

Here they are. Very nice kids and a great family/

80FE4DCA-3345-4831-B12B-FA88EBCFA8EC.jpeg

Even though he's older than when I met Matt Black at 8-9 years old, if he can keep that intensity, he's can definitely win an overall world championship. It's a pleasure to see these young guns letting it all hang out. They're incredible. And thank goodness we have families that will give them the opportunities. So the biggest congrats go to Mom and Dad!!

2 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

he's all over the place at the moment

Ha ha, you nailed it! He's having too much fun and can't help but rip some stages faster than he should.  He had 8 misses for the match.  :unsure: He is fast and fun to watch. He did win the men's pump shotgun and duelist speed events. 

There is lots of young talent coming up for sure and it’s great to see it. 
One thing to remember is it’s not just speed that wins a match.

One more thing is Matt Black is only 24. He isn’t getting slower and he has all that experience and shooting IQ that is off the charts. 
That being said he loves that these young shooters are showing up. He’s actually mentored several over the years. 
Joshua the Kid shot with us at EOT and he has the makings of fabulous competitor. He also has Lead Dispenser close by and Matt Black to bounce things off of as well. 
You better have some shades because THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT! 

Chicken George, I didn't know he won the pump shotgun speed events. Really glad to hear it since he is shooting one of my 97's. I see clips once and awhile of your family shooting and so glad you are all involved.

1 hour ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

Chicken George, I didn't know he won the pump shotgun speed events. Really glad to hear it since he is shooting one of my 97's. I see clips once and awhile of your family shooting and so glad you are all involved.

Gambler,

I've handled a couple of your 97's over the past few years and think they were super slick, fast and reliable as any 97 I've handled.

I would have bought myowndangself one of them except I already owned about 13  pumpers and couldn't seem to justify

any more.    

BUT..... I think if a shooter is wanting to shoot a top notch 97 that seems to have no speed limit, then they should seriously

consider one of your 97's. 

Keep up the good work.

..........Widder

11 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

Chicken George, I didn't know he won the pump shotgun speed events. Really glad to hear it since he is shooting one of my 97's.

We love that gun! I'm amazed how well it just keeps going with all the hard and heavy use he and his brother put it through. It's won quite a few speed events, but never in Tennessee. It would be fun to see how it would do there... :D

5 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

We love that gun! I'm amazed how well it just keeps going with all the hard and heavy use he and his brother put it through. It's won quite a few speed events, but never in Tennessee. It would be fun to see how it would do there... :D

OH NO!    The governor has outlawed any 'out of state' 97's  to enter Tennessee..... :lol:

Actually, we would love to see your family come shoot the TN State at Wartrace this summer.

But I must say, since heart surgery over 2 years back and I just turned 72 last weekend..... I'm no where near

being as competitive as when Red Knee and I use to battle it out.

Red Knee is waiting for me to take up the rocker before he comes back to Tennessee..... :lol:

BUT..... It'll sure be fun on side match day.

I have enjoyed the videos you've sent me.   Thanks!

..........Widder

Archived