SASS Wire Forum

Wind detector???

Alpo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0060CSIB0/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

81kHatwBAkL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

This is a fine powder in a squeeze bottle. You shake the bottle and then squeeze it and a little puff of powder comes out and you can see which way the wind is blowing by which way the powder goes. Wow. And now you know how to stay downwind of the deer. Wow again.

Whatever happened to stick in your finger in your mouth and getting it wet, and then holding it up?

Or is this more for the hunter in full camouflage with camouflage gloves on so he can't lick his finger?

Am I really that far behind the times?

There is no end to the things they will market to hunters and fishermen.  I especially like the trend of squirting some animal urine all over yourself so you don't smell like a people with a gun.  Of course, that Hoppe's #9 you cleaned your gun with last night wouldn't smell out of place in the woods.

This has been around for a while. 

I generally consult my iPhone when outside and I need to know the conditions, but it takes me a bit because there is no way only one website can be truly accurate for my location so I consult at least 3 then use my calculator to get an average. Sometimes this is a pain because it’s raining and the wind is blowing and it’s cold so it takes me a while as I have to keep blowing on my fingers to warm them and my screen gets wet so I have to dry it on my pant leg. 
I don’t know why anyone would need this powder bottle when they have a perfectly good smart phone…

…he said, tongue in cheek image.png.4e8318465c8d6c81bf7c5008f5548840.png

Archived