SASS Wire Forum

Nice find...Deep Purple

Dirty Dan Dawkins

My family gives me LP's from time to time. 

I received a good clean scratch free copy of Machine Head for Christmas and just discovered today the lyric poster inside. Often times, the inserts, posters, extras are missing on used LP's.

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Loved Deep Purple when I was a kid. My parents and family were convinced I was going to hell for listening to Rock-n-Roll. My first rock album was the first album from Emerson Lake & Palmer when I was 10 years old. I ruined my first Deep Purple tape “Burn” (‘74) by listening to it over and over. 
I liked Machine Head as well, but had to listen to it at my friend’s house because I wasn’t allowed a stereo or my own radio due to my satanic desire to listen to unholy music. :lol:
Actually it wasn’t that bad, but to me at the time it was darned annoying. 

I have the same album and insert. I must have played that album a 1,000 times. My favorite songs were Smoke on the Water, Highway Star and Lazy.

I don't know why I am holding onto my 250+ albums. I don't even have a turntable anymore. Probably should sell them as there is a resurgence of appreciation for vinyl recordings from the 60's, 70's and 80's and some of my collection is somewhat rare.

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I have the same album and insert. I must have played that album a 1,000 times. My favorite songs were Smoke on the Water, Highway Star and Lazy.

I don't know why I am holding onto my 250+ albums. I don't even have a turntable anymore. Probably should sell them as there is a resurgence of appreciation for vinyl recordings from the 60's, 70's and 80's and some of my collection is somewhat rare.

If you don’t plan to buy a turntable before selling them I would definitely consult a few websites for pricing. 
My Grandson got on a vinyl kick. I got him interested in the band Queen. He bought one of their early albums online, “A Day at the Races” and I am pretty sure he paid $75 for it.  That is not one of their more sought after albums. 

Archived