SASS Wire Forum

Thank You to all EOT Long Range Volunteers

Buckshot Sheridan

Now that everything has been cleaned up, camp has been put away, and we return to our other lives, I’d like to thank all who came out to help with the long range events. 

Historically the long range events at EOT / WR have been short on volunteers to help put them on. This has resulted many times in people being stuck working at an event for far longer than the single 2.5 hour shift they signed up for, in some cases all day. Thanks to the larger turnout of volunteers this year, especially those who came to find me earlier in the week whose names had slipped through the cracks, I believe the only people who were held over beyond the initial shift were those who chose to stick around after their relief had arrived. By my best estimate we had 51 volunteers come do scoring, spotting, and timing for long range this year. As a result things went more smoothly than I could have hoped. 

A few changes were made to events that I believe were well received. Expect a few more changes, a couple new events, and more challenges at EOT 2024. 

We’ll see you then and do it all again. 

I haven’t got the results on hand myself, and our webmaster is dealing with an no out of town emergency currently, I am trying to get a copy of the results, but they will be up on the website in the near future. 

Would have loved to, but Family time and PTO called me back first thing Thursday. 

I got a nice care package from the crew out there with four sidematch awards, (3 Wild Bunch) an the Bucky O'Neil Bolt Action. I apparently flip-flopped what I did last year, but still just tickled pink. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be out there again for long range next year, planning on be there all week next year. 

45 minutes ago, Artemus Von Schutze said:

Would have loved to, but Family time and PTO called me back first thing Thursday. 

I got a nice care package from the crew out there with four sidematch awards, (3 Wild Bunch) a the Bucky O'Neil Bolt Action. I apparently flip-flopped what I did last year, but still just tickled pink. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be out there again for long range next year, planning on be there all week next year. 

Awesome. Will hopefully have some new challenges for you. 

Archived