SASS Wire Forum

What would you do??

Rye Miles #13621

8 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Just what the home owner did.

(Too many people have access to cookware that can wound, maim, or kill someone.  A cast iron skillet can kill you just as dead and just as fast as a gun.)

But she was nekkid!!:lol:

If she's attacking me with a cast iron frying pan, I've already figured out that she's not there to make bacon and eggs. She's screaming at me to get out of "her" house which is my house. I'd figure she was on drugs but naked or not, the frying pan could do some serious damage. I'd have to defend myself with lethal force if I couldn't get away from her.

Edit: The reason that he shot her in the leg is that he probably didn't want to hit the frying pan. I just hope that when he gets the frying pan back that someone hasn't washed and scrubbed it. That'd be my luck.

That's would work for you folks in the USA.

Here in Canada, our laws say WE must retreat; it's only property and under our Constitution, we do not have property rights, according to our Supreme Curt.

Also, all  firearms must be in safe lock-up and storage.

For S&Gs, Google Ian Thomson Shooting for an example of Canadian Justice.

10 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here in Canada, our laws say WE must retreat; it's only property and under our Constitution, we do not have property rights, according to our Supreme Curt.

In USA, it is similar in some states. As I understand stand deadly force in permitted to protect property in Texas but not in most other states.

But as Tex, SASS #4, said “Cowboy shooting is not legal anywhere, even in Texas.”

On 3/10/2023 at 1:14 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Breaking into a house in Alabama is a great way to get shot. 

I'm all for equality. I don't care who or what the burglar or armed robber is, they get treated the exact same way.

I think the Castle Doctrine is almost universally accepted.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Only property?? This crazed woman would have killed him with that skillet. You can’t defend yourself when being attacked ?!

On 3/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Ah, but a Hockey Stick!

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Shoot the frying Pan .... 

The shock would awesome ... She would no longer be holding it...

Jabez Cowboy

Your suggestion hurts my hands just reading it.  She had grabbed his frying pan.  Guessing she would grab something else if the frying pan was gone.  

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Only property?? This crazed woman would have killed him with that skillet. You can’t defend yourself when being attacked ?!

Duty to retreat.

Remember, the politicians and the Legal Industry making these laws are well protected and very seldom or never experience an attack.

Years ago I did some high speed photos of the impact of a .45 ACP bullet impacting a Cast Iron Frying pan and I'm sure she wouldn't be grabbing anything else with that hand for quite some time.  About the only thing she would be grabbing is her wrist with her other hand and crying...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived