SASS Wire Forum

Ruger EOT Sponsor

Yep, $3,500 for a stock Ruger SASS shotgun was a little above the norm for us. Think they were only made for a couple of years 18-20 years ago. A friend of mine has one and I shot a couple of rounds of skeet with it recently. It patterned with the right barrel shooting center to right of center and the left barrel from center to left of center. Had to think about the leads depending on which barrel you were using. I didn't score very good with it but it is a well made shotgun.

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

They did and it wound up costing far more than anticipated.  Sold very poorly and it was discontinued fairly quickly.

Unknown-1.jpeg.94b915764e0bc76a63a1963f2d6c7a30.jpeg

I have two friends in Ruger who worked on the engineering of this shotgun, it turned out to be to expensive to sell once they made the first couple, I have spoken a number of times with one of the senior salesmen about a SASS shotgun but he has told me Ruger doesn’t see a profit point for the few SxS they believe they would sell, there is far more money in their semi auto pistols and rifles and their new Marlin line. It is a shame though because I did get to handle one of those shotguns once and it was a sweet gun

At WR several years ago Ruger had a tent set up displaying pretty much every revolver they had. Talk about eye candy!  Being able to handle every Ruger revolver made was a treat. The Ruger reps there were knowledgeable and friendly. Twas a great display! Thanks, Ruger! :D

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

At WR several years ago Ruger had a tent set up displaying pretty much every revolver they had. Talk about eye candy!  Being able to handle every Ruger revolver made was a treat. The Ruger reps there were knowledgeable and friendly. Twas a great display! Thanks, Ruger! :D

Certainly agree about the reps!

Tried to talk them into selling their SFAR in 308 but no go.

Said how about a scout rifle in 308?

Still no go so I bought a hat! :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived