SASS Wire Forum

Packaging people - gotta love 'em

Alpo

I received a box today. From Amazon.

IMG_20230307_140518630.thumb.jpg.0ab0a87394a394ef52ce9f19d6541c6c.jpg

This is what was in the box.

IMG_20230307_140530996.thumb.jpg.1c6aa4d8084fc3af008eae2d91b8c6dc.jpg

You notice, there is no packing. No wadded up paper, no Styrofoam peanuts, no bags of air. Would you care to guess what's in the little white box?

IMG_20230307_140054356.thumb.jpg.ecb6b3a9e0fabd7565b11ae64bd420e8.jpg

Ain't that pretty? They were out of stock. It took 2 weeks to get this.

Need to give whoever packed that box a raise.

OK.  I'll Bite.  What are the funny little Blue things??

Would a nice FLAT surface and some Epoxy fix the funny little Blue things??

If you send the photo's to Amazon and whine appropriately, they'll replace 'em.  Probably.  Maybe.  Worth a try.

12 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

If you send the photo's to Amazon and whine appropriately

Don't need to send them the photos. When I opened the box and saw it, I got online and said it arrived broken, gimme new ones. The replacements are supposed to arrive Monday.

Amazon does have some packaging issues at times. Most of the time it’s pretty good but occasionally I open a box and my response is “What the…?

Recently I ordered several things (4) that were all coming from Amazon and arriving the same day. Each item came in a big box that could have held all 4 items. Nothing was broke but what a waste of resources. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Amazon does have some packaging issues at times. Most of the time it’s pretty good but occasionally I open a box and my response is “What the…?

Recently I ordered several things (4) that were all coming from Amazon and arriving the same day. Each item came in a big box that could have held all 4 items. Nothing was broke but what a waste of resources. 

I've had the happed a few times but I've never had anything damaged or lost.

Since Amazon built a hub about five miles east of me the delivery times have really improved.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Probably because your order was shipped from different warehouses before arriving at the delivery hub

(Longer then I can to mention, I unloaded and sorted boxes for company that did the same thing as Fedex and later got bought out by Fedex)

Archived