SASS Wire Forum

Proud of the family

evil dogooder

we made it down to eot, 30 hrs one way in the truck was not something that I enjoyed. However I'm very proud of the family.  They all managed to do pretty good.

Mindy took 3rd in lady b western

Anastasia took 3rd as buckerette

Lincon 4th as buckaroo

I took up the rear with 5th in gunfighter.

A little bummed at a disappointing showing by myself. It took my little angel to kick my butt back into reality.   She said I stunk because I didn't practice... My fault .

I didn't take the time to pick up a cowboy gun in 6 months... A few months before that I wasn't sure I would ever be able to shoot a gun again with my left hand due to a cut tendon in my thumb and a botched surgery.   Just poor excuses.    Sometimes that little girl is too smart for her own good.

Anyway she made me promise to go back next year and do better, it didn't matter what place I get, but just not leave anything on the table, be prepared and give it my all. she even said she would practice with me, and help ice my thumb when it hurt too bad.

Days like this make me feel like I'm not such a screw up as a dad.

Glad you could go and have some quality time with your family. Congratulations to everyone for doing really well. 

I look at CAS competitions a little different than most. Years ago a great cowboy named Badger Mountain Charlie gave me a piece of advice regarding fishing and over time I have applied it to a number things, including SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting. 
“If you’re stressed out over fishing you’re doing it wrong”

The same could be said for CAS. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

“If you’re stressed out ... you’re doing it wrong”

That's it. That's why I have never said that I compete in cowboy. I participated. Never was about winning. Didn't care. Enjoying myself.

You have a great family Evil. It won't be too long before they are all kicking your butt...both in Cowboy and they will kick your butt when to get your head straightened up. You don't give yourself enough credit most of the time

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family. 

Based on what you have told us about your family you are definitely not a screw up as a dad. You should be very proud of the family you are raising. You are equipping them with the values and skills needed to succeed in life.

The life lessons and memories you are creating with your children are worth more than all the gold in the world. 

Archived