SASS Wire Forum

Rossi 92 45LC Carbine

joachim slim

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

New Rossi 92's are selling for $700. 

Yep.

A good, real nice used one might be obtained for a couple hundred less..... depending up how much the owner 

paid for it.

..........Widder

Yep what they said. Really a shame because a slicked up 92 is a fantastic gun. A used one at 500-600 is better than new but is it what it is. Just relunctantly sold mine. :(

i dont have that carbine - i have the rifle , but ill not be parting with mine , it works too well , i think about 750 would be reasonable for one that was in great shape - but mine is over 1K just so you know how much some of us value what we have , and mines not for sale at any price , they are great rifles , that work very well with little attention , in our game thats important 

4 hours ago, watab kid said:

i dont have that carbine - i have the rifle , but ill not be parting with mine , it works too well , i think about 750 would be reasonable for one that was in great shape - but mine is over 1K just so you know how much some of us value what we have , and mines not for sale at any price , they are great rifles , that work very well with little attention , in our game thats important 

I'm with the Kid.  I have a .45 rifle with a 24 inch barrel.  It's great gun, but I've never used it for SASS.  It's just too good for small game up to white tail deer, javelina, and the like.  Doesn't have the range for Wiley and his kin.....too smart to let me get in close enough.

I'd sell it for maybe $1200.00, but then again, I would have to get another one to fill in the gap in my collection.

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'd sell it for maybe $1200.00, but then again, I would have to get another one to fill in the gap in my collection.

In 96, maybe 97, I saw this 357 Rossi lever at a gun show. (That would be the top one - the one with the receiver sight)

2108882406_Rossi92SRC35745Colt.jpg.8bb1165a6bd935ed3f9976a44bcb4636.jpg

Jeff Cooper had described that as the perfect goblin gun. In either 357 or 44 Magnum. So I bought it. Took it home and spent the next several nights just working the lever back and forth - it was stiff.

Then my daughter come by to see me, and she sees it and asked if it was for her.

In 02, I believe it was, it made a trip to Port Arthur Texas, where it got drilled and tapped for that receiver site, and it got a little bit of action work. Came home working slicker than snot on a doorknob. And I used it for a couple years.

In 05 I took my daughter to Fandango, and I let her use it. A couple years later I was visiting her, and had it with me, and heard these words coming out of my mouth. "Would you like to have this?"

Yeah, it leaves a gap.

Archived