SASS Wire Forum

Ejector Housing Screw Bushing (Pietta)

Ranger Dan

I have a Pietta GW II Californian that the ejector housing screw bushing is stripped out. The screw looks ok, but I'm gonna replace the housing, screw, and screw bushing. Question: how do you remove and replace the bushing?

I believe that the bushings are peened in place.  I think what I’d try first is drill and tap the existing buishing for a larger screw size, then JB Weld a screw in the bushing, then drill and tap that screw for the proper screw size.  The proper way would to use silver solder, bur I’m lazy and JB Weld is cheap and easy.

If you don’t have a lathe, you might be able to make a jig to do this.  But it would probably be easier to just order a new bushing.

2 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

I have a Pietta GW II Californian that the ejector housing screw bushing is stripped out. The screw looks ok, but I'm gonna replace the housing, screw, and screw bushing. Question: how do you remove and replace the bushing?

Try a new screw and a small dab of red Loctite 

Upon second thought, I believe the next monthly shooting trip for me,  I'll set up my targets match style and try out my Peacemaker .22s and my Uberti Silver boy. Give that a try and see how I like it.

1 hour ago, Rawhide Rio said:

Upon second thought, I believe the next monthly shooting trip for me,  I'll set up my targets match style and try out my Peacemaker .22s and my Uberti Silver boy. Give that a try and see how I like it.

I think you were replying to another topic?  Senior moment? :D

18 hours ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I believe that the bushings are peened in place.  I think what I’d try first is drill and tap the existing buishing for a larger screw size, then JB Weld a screw in the bushing, then drill and tap that screw for the proper screw size.  The proper way would to use silver solder, bur I’m lazy and JB Weld is cheap and easy.

If you don’t have a lathe, you might be able to make a jig to do this.  But it would probably be easier to just order a new bushing.

I have ordered a new bushing. The question is how do I remove the old one and put the new one in? What holds the bushing in? Is it threaded?

I have tried locktite and JB weld, neither held.

3 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

I have ordered a new bushing. The question is how do I remove the old one and put the new one in? What holds the bushing in? Is it threaded?

I have tried locktite and JB weld, neither held.

Try a new screw

• 2 weeks later...

Call EMF and ask the gunsmith/repair dept?  Someone there should have an answer for you, hopefully not "send it in and we'll take care of it."

Archived