SASS Wire Forum

Had this most amazing afternoon

Alpo

Couple weeks ago I go to Sam's and buy bunches of stuff, including a box of tall kitchen garbage bags. When I get home I take all the food in the house but I leave the garbage bags in the truck.

Today I go to Sam's again. Bought some sausage egg cheese croissants, some hot dogs and a package of hot dog buns. Go out and get in the truck, and the truck will not start. Turns over and over and over, but will not start.

So I get out and I lock the door and I go around to the passenger side, and I reach in and bring out the box full of kitchen garbage bags. Open the box, get out a bag and put my croissants and my hot dogs in it. Fortunately I live close, so hopefully I will get home before my frozen food thaws out.

As I'm picking up my loaded garbage bag I hear this woman call me. "Sir? Excuse me, sir? I see you having truck trouble. Do you need to go somewhere?"

I point and say, "Yes, I live about a half a mile in that direction".

She tells me that she can't do anything about my truck not working, but she will take me home. And I get in her car and give her directions and she drives me to my house, and as I'm getting out of her car she tells me, "I hope you have a better day".

I tell her that it would be impossible for my day to get any better. I thank her and she drives away.

Thinking back on that, that was awful damn foolish. I certainly hope neither my daughter nor either of my granddaughters ever does anything like that. I could have been an old crazy guy, with a gun in my pocket. Hell, I am an old crazy guy with a gun in my pocket.

But she saved me a half mile walk in the heat, and my frozen stuff was still frozen. :)

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Couple weeks ago I go to Sam's and buy bunches of stuff, including a box of tall kitchen garbage bags. When I get home I take all the food in the house but I leave the garbage bags in the truck.

Today I go to Sam's again. Bought some sausage egg cheese croissants, some hot dogs and a package of hot dog buns. Go out and get in the truck, and the truck will not start. Turns over and over and over, but will not start.

So I get out and I lock the door and I go around to the passenger side, and I reach in and bring out the box full of kitchen garbage bags. Open the box, get out a bag and put my croissants and my hot dogs in it. Fortunately I live close, so hopefully I will get home before my frozen food thaws out.

As I'm picking up my loaded garbage bag I hear this woman call me. "Sir? Excuse me, sir? I see you having truck trouble. Do you need to go somewhere?"

I point and say, "Yes, I live about a half a mile in that direction".

She tells me that she can't do anything about my truck not working, but she will take me home. And I get in her car and give her directions and she drives me to my house, and as I'm getting out of her car she tells me, "I hope you have a better day".

I tell her that it would be impossible for my day to get any better. I thank her and she drives away.

Thinking back on that, that was awful damn foolish. I certainly hope neither my daughter nor either of my granddaughters ever does anything like that. I could have been an old crazy guy, with a gun in my pocket. Hell, I am an old crazy guy with a gun in my pocket.

But she saved me a half mile walk in the heat, and my frozen stuff was still frozen. :)

just be thankful and

PAY IT FORWARD !!!!!

I could see my daughter doing that. She would have a .45 1911 handy though. My son does it all the time. No worries there either. 

8 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I could see my daughter doing that. She would have a .45 1911 handy though. My son does it all the time. No worries there either. 

I've shot with you and your daughter and God help anyone that messes with Kayla!!B)

So about a quarter to 10 this morning, I get a backpack and my stick, and walk back to Sam's. I didn't bring the hot dog buns home yesterday - figured if I had put them in the sack with the other stuff they would have gotten all squished up as I was walking.

So I decide that I will walk back to Sam's and see if the truck will start. Maybe sitting overnight magically fixed it. :ph34r: And if it won't, I'll put the buns in the backpack and take them home.

Fired right up as soon as I turned the key. :o Must have been radio. FM. B)

Amazing how many things can be fixed with FM! Just seems to leave you with a certain element of doubt for future use!

Archived