SASS Wire Forum

What happened to KG9 leathercoat

Oak Ridge Regulator

Does anyone know what happened to KG9 leathercoat ? cant find it in stock anywhere and the folks who make it wont answer emails, I really love this stuff on my shotgun shell loops it keeps shells from ever hanging up, I guess I can go back to silicone but im gonna miss the KG9 if its gone for good

Just now, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

Does anyone know what happened to KG9 leathercoat ? cant find it in stock anywhere and the folks who make it wont answer emails, I really love this stuff on my shotgun shell loops it keeps shells from ever hanging up, I guess I can go back to silicone but im gonna miss the KG9 if its gone for good

I've got a bottle, pretty much full. Remind next time we meet and I'll bring it for you. Try for the gun show in a couple weeks. I think I got from either Midway or Brownells.

I called the company a little while back.

They don't make it anymore. 

Sure hated to hear that as I really liked that stuff.

I only have a little left. Good thing it goes and long ways. 

I also use it on my cart where the barrels rest in a leather lined slot. Minimizes wear when the barrels  move pushing the cart. Doesn't seem to attract dust. JMHO

Same stuff I use .   Galco has a similar sounding product.  Maybe take a look at that..     GW

12 hours ago, Doc McCoy, SASS #8381 said:

I was about to order another jar of that.  Rats. 

You can use some of mine too!

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished shooting at The Woopin - Regional match in Blanco, TX (Tejas Caballeros)  - this was the first time I'd shot CAS in about 17 years and my holsters were sticky sticky... a friend applied a little KG9 and it was like a miracle.  Of course, you can't get that anymore.  Found the Galco Draw-EZ and have a couple bottles coming - the reviews sounded exactly like the KG9 stuff.  Hope so!  I had a great time at the match  - shot it clean but s-l-o-w lol  - I have some other things to fix and some practicing to do.  Back in the day, I was pretty good.  Things have changed - short stroke kits, targets are a lot closer - everybody is slip hammer shooting.... it's a different game now.  

21 hours ago, Three Cracker Jack said:

I just finished shooting at The Woopin - Regional match in Blanco, TX (Tejas Caballeros)  - this was the first time I'd shot CAS in about 17 years and my holsters were sticky sticky... a friend applied a little KG9 and it was like a miracle.  Of course, you can't get that anymore.  Found the Galco Draw-EZ and have a couple bottles coming - the reviews sounded exactly like the KG9 stuff.  Hope so!  I had a great time at the match  - shot it clean but s-l-o-w lol  - I have some other things to fix and some practicing to do.  Back in the day, I was pretty good.  Things have changed - short stroke kits, targets are a lot closer - everybody is slip hammer shooting.... it's a different game now.  

Back in the day, we were younger, now the younger ones are faster.:D

On 3/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, Anvil Al #59168 said:

I called the company a little while back.

They don't make it anymore. 

Sure hated to hear that as I really liked that stuff.

I only have a little left. Good thing it goes and long ways. 

I'm thinking that's why they quit making it...it lasted too long and we didn't need to buy more often enough.  I'm still using my original jar that is from around 2005.  It is/was the most awesome stuff.

Archived