SASS Wire Forum

Man I hope this works

Alpo

A 9-year-old and her babysitter have come up with this brilliant idea. A landline telephone.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/9-old-accidentally-describes-landline-194727229.html

I was trying to just grab the video and post it here but I couldn't do that because it's a tick tock video and it wouldn't let me. Hopefully the link is good and will take you to the article where they have the video. Hopefully.

And like, if someone forgets their cell phone, there should be phones you can put money in and make a call.... Love it!

I was in Walmart a while back and I saw this lady with a couple of small kids and she was laughing.  It seems the littlest girl had the cordless house phone in her pocket in case gramma called. The lady was trying to explain that the cordless phone wouldn’t work so far away from home but the little girl didn’t believe her and wanted to hold onto the phone in case gramma called. :D

It was a cute little scene. 

While of a shortrange proposition, how about taking two tin cans, punching a small hole in the bottom of each of them and tying a string through the holes? Pull the string tight and have two people talk to each other!   You know, without phone booths there is just no place for Superman to change clothes! :rolleyes:

sometimes , OK , often times ive missed the phone mounted to or tethered to the wall by the cord ................i do remember the extension cords we improvized to get it to our bedroom so we could talk to our girlfriend till the wee hours , and i get it that we might have liked the current ,mobility then , but sometimes i wish , often i wish , that i never had to answer the phone ........that might once have been tethered to the wall - out of reach - i couldn't hear it - someone else was on the line at the time .............................my battery is dead - im ina tunnle - bad connection 

Remember the 60s when switchboard operators were often required?  My girlfriend at the time was an operator. Saturday afternoons were never busy.

She would tell me about conversations between, for example, a priest and a nun. Once a girl made the connection, she would mention it to another and the whole board would soon know and patch in during an idle moment.

Proverbs 16:27.  An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.

I recall one day when my wife was going to work, and the guy wasn't paying attention and drove through the stop sign and t-boned her car.

And the car was sitting in the intersection, and she was sitting in the road crying (cuz that was the nicest car she'd ever had and she was never going to have something that good again probably).

Woman comes out of the house on the corner, with her cordless phone, and she has called the cops. And she brings it over to the ex, and between the two of them, while they are at the front of the car, they're telling the cops what happened. And as they're talking they walk to the back of the car, and about the time they get to the pillar between the front door and the back door, the call drops. They had reached the end of the range of that cordless phone. :P

Archived