SASS Wire Forum

Another border wall?

Tuesday, 28 February 2023, 15:06

The Finnish Border Guard released a statement today that construction has begun on an eastern border wall.

In Pelkola, the construction of a pilot fence of approximately three kilometers has started on both sides of the Imatra border crossing point,” read the statement. “Work on the terrain begins on 28 February 2023 with forest clearance and will proceed in such a way that road construction and fence installation can be started in March, followed by the construction of a technical surveillance system. The pilot is expected to be completed by the end of June.”

The fence in its entirety will stretch 130 to 260 kilometers along Finland's eastern border with Russia. Closure of the border will effectively cut off Russian land access to the Nordic countries.

The Finnish Border Guard added that the fence will not be built along the entire border shared with Russia but instead focus on crossing points and other areas of high risk. The wall is scheduled to be finished by 2025.

main-qimg-292c0b244a6a652243c9b2cf4db3f534

huh , imagine that ? wanting to protect the boarder ? who in their right mind would object to folks crossing legally ? what could possibly go wrong with someone wanting to avoid crossing legitimately ? the stake should work , it marks the boarder after all , 

“I don’t see why they need this. They already have these fences that can be seen from space…”

image.png.4b0c6c38e8b30cc13f7f4ff6c36213f0.png

Believe it or not I worked with a woman that actually said this one day regarding a fence between Mexico and the US. I am surprised a Congressman hasn’t publicly said anything like this. 

I would bet there are many people in the USA that would support Finland doing this. This fence wouldn’t be a barrier to them getting the votes they need to further their agenda. 

Archived