SASS Wire Forum

Tree Trimming Accident

Subdeacon Joe

Grounds crew was trimming a tree near our car port.  A limb that they cut bounced about 15 feet.

IMG_20230303_115745778_HDR.thumb.jpg.0c65f44a88f9c558223bc7c4a8f058e7.jpg

Getting a "crash wrap" put on and the glass replaced Tuesday.   The management will pick up the cost.

Not going to comment about the EV part, I’m all about you doing your own thing. However, I must point out the irony of a Leaf being damaged by a tree.

3 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Not going to comment about the EV part, I’m all about you doing your own thing. However, I must point out the irony of a Leaf being damaged by a tree.

Thanks for that laugh! :lol::lol::lol:

Joe, I am glad no one was hurt. What is “crash wrap”?

53 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thanks for that laugh! :lol::lol::lol:

Joe, I am glad no one was hurt. What is “crash wrap”?

It's a thick plastic.

IMG_20230303_141816021_HDR.thumb.jpg.3b3163635bc7d93422f0759df60768b6.jpg

50 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Was it your tree or a neighborhood tree?

The owner/management of the mobile home park is responsible for all the trees.  It was their grounds crew that was doing the work.

The owner called on place and they gave him a quote and a date of next Tuesday.  I grumbled about that, so we agreed that I would find a place, he would pay.  I called around, got a quote about $150 under what he had gotten, but still Tuesday, but they could put that wrap on today for free.  

Got that done, stopped by the management office, showed him the quote, and the photo, he gave me cash+$50.   Cheaper than going through his insurance.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That never occurred to me!  

Really? That was my first thought - the branch was trying to reunite with the leaf.

20 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Really? That was my first thought - the branch was trying to reunite with the leaf.

I'll plead circumstances.  I was too busy dealing with the park management, finding someone to fix it, and dealing with getting the wrap and the quote (my OP was from the shop while waiting for the crash wrap to be put on) to let my mind wander in that direction.

That's my story and I'm not going to change it.

Are the grounds crew guys professional tree trimmers? Any of the named Bubba. There’s really no excuse for that. An arborist and crew would take everything into account and absolutely leave no chance of an accident. Even if they had to take things down in 1 foot chunks. I earned that whenI worked for a landscaper decades ago.

Thank goodness it was only property damage.

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Are the grounds crew guys professional tree trimmers? Any of the named Bubba.

Just the crew that has been taking care of the grounds and common facilities for years.  Miguel, Pedro, Diego, but no Bubba.

When they took down a 60 foot tree right next to the house a few years ago there were no issues.

That’s the problem!!  NO BUBBA!!

Bubba may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but stuff like trimming trees and hauling gravel are where he shines!!  Ya’ just gotta’ keep the soopervizer outta’ the deal!!

8 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

How do ya say Bubba in Mexican?

Largo

Looked it up!    Spelled Buba.

Pronounced- Boobah?

CJ

18 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

@Subdeacon Joe The Leaf rear glass is probably not common enough.  The glass might be in the regional instead of local warehouse, making Tuesday morning the soonest they can get the glass.

Yep.  That's what they all said.  I went with the shop that told me that they could put the wrap on today at no cost.  I did NOT want to have to rig something up.

Sorry that your Leaf was hurt by a tree.  Glad no person was hurt.  Happy to hear you will be taken care of sooner rather than later.

Quit picking on him! Leaf him alone!

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It's a thick plastic.

the

The owner/management of the mobile home park is responsible for all the trees.  It was their grounds crew that was doing the work.

The owner called on place and they gave him a quote and a date of next Tuesday.  I grumbled about that, so we agreed that I would find a place, he would pay.  I called around, got a quote about $150 under what he had gotten, but still Tuesday, but they could put that wrap on today for free.  

Got that done, stopped by the management office, showed him the quote, and the photo, he gave me cash+$50.   Cheaper than going through his insurance.

Where's the Duct Tape?

images.jpg

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Not screwing up the paint!

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!

2bmd1r.jpg

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Just the crew that has been taking care of the grounds and common facilities for years.  Miguel, Pedro, Diego, but no Bubba.

When they took down a 60 foot tree right next to the house a few years ago there were no issues.

So instead, the story went,

“Sostén mi cerveza y mira esto“

Archived