SASS Wire Forum

When a bear attacks, don't 'push a slower friend down,' National Park Service says

Sedalia Dave

I always carry in bear countty.so.I .can shoot my buddy.in.his foot

I wouldn't push my buddy down if a bear was chasing us!  I'd just keep running, and the bear wouldn't be able to catch up, as it would be slippin' an' slidin'! I'd just have to take a couple of seconds to shake one leg or the other! :D

The comments are hilarious- scroll past idio-ads.

wyknot
11h ago

I caution any hiker that goes into a wilderness area to carry a photo of Maxine Waters in your pocket. It will frighten off the most savage of the wild animals in the forest. Better than a can of Bear spray!

•  
    hogfan62
    6h ago

I’ve been using a pic of Hillary to ward of bears and evil spirits for years now. Does Maxine work better?

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The comments are hilarious- scroll past idio-ads.

wyknot
11h ago

I caution any hiker that goes into a wilderness area to carry a photo of Maxine Waters in your pocket. It will frighten off the most savage of the wild animals in the forest. Better than a can of Bear spray!

•  
    hogfan62
    6h ago

I’ve been using a pic of Hillary to ward of bears and evil spirits for years now. Does Maxine work better?

You will be arrested for cruelty to animals.

Wife is irrationally afraid of bears and mountain lions. She refuses to hike in areas where they might be. 

I keep telling her that she has nothing to worry about as I cannot run due to a fused ankle and foot so she would be able to get away!:rolleyes:

As an aside, we had a mountain lion and her kill near our home last March. I was able to put a trail cam nearby and monitored the big cat for over a week. I asked all of the neighbors that knew about it to not tell her as she would freak out. It was a couple of weeks after the lion had finished with her kill and did not show up on the trail cam that I showed her the pictures of the lion. She was a tad might PO'd!:D

A wilderness guide was asked what he carried for bear protection.  “A twenty-two.  I’ll knee cap the closest person…”

9 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Best bear gun in the world is a .22 short derringer.

According to several bear attach survivors, the Beretta Jetfire is . ;)

download.jpeg.587e1982d0b4f3b82c5671d67780aa97.jpeg

:P

I worked a summer in Yellowstone.  Bears are great and I love watch them, but they can kill you in a heart beat...and will if provoked.

The best defense I can think of is a fully armed squad of USMC infantry.

this is one of those things i never expected to see in writing , but then there are spo many things id never expected to see in writing over recent years i guess i should expect such things but hey , i guess thats why we say live and learn ..............or not 

What it should say is "Don't trip up your faster friend when you see a bear".  If I'm already faster than me friend why would I waste time pushing him down.? :ph34r:  

"Never push a slower friend down."

I completely agree with this as there is no potential benefit,but faster friends...

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

What it should say is "Don't trip up your faster friend when you see a bear".  If I'm already faster than me friend why would I waste time pushing him down.? :ph34r:  

Beat me to it by 5 seconds 

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Exactly!

I think the forgot to finish this statement:

When a bear attacks, don't 'push a slower friend down,' National Park Service says. Instead, grab your friend by the shoulders from behind then turn him or her to face the bear and push them forward in an offering gesture. The bear will see that you are trying to be friendly and will accept your generous offer so that you may proceed in peace and with the knowledge that you have made a friendly connection with nature. :D

Archived