SASS Wire Forum

March didn’t come in like a lamb

Utah Bob #35998

But I didn’t expect it would. March is our snowiest month. We usually get 3 storms in March. This is #1.

Snowing and blowing when I got up. About 3 hours of plowing. All the previous work I did was undone overnight. Winter storm warning in effect until 1100 tomorrow. 
Just a brief break in the weather yesterday.  Had some trespassers just as I walked out the door to head for groceries. No visitors today. County hasn’t even plowed the road yet. Puts me in kind of a mood. If you know what I mean. Wind just started up again. Buffeting the Fortress pretty good. I reckon the road will be drifted over again buy morning. :angry:

8E90ABA2-CF55-41C1-94B1-B026E0F9825F.jpeg

63594190-700C-42E1-B257-40B8DD116146.jpeg

F2E87A77-8523-4EC0-93FB-E100A10B1A0A.jpeg

48ACA696-87E1-4B1E-B440-40627994EC9B.jpeg

They know that it ain’t Thanksgiving!!  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

So, where's the cat?

No idea.

March 1st was excellent here. 71 and sunny. I went for a motorcycle ride on country roads then hit the shooting range. 
It’s going to be cool and rainy the next couple of days. 

no it did not - i woke to about 5" of new snow , while moving it the wind presented problems but i got er done , we shall see how it leaves - im not expecting any lamb then either - wonder haw many here were brought up on that old wives tale ?

im not claiming to know them all or even to have been brought up with all that many but that one rings familiar , there are others i recall as well , 

based on what has happened this year so far i expect the lion will speak coming and going for march this year , as much as i wish it otherwise i will guess we will still see snow in may this year , 

ive spent an opening fishing weekend fighting ice with the boat more than once , even had a blizzard on the lake more than once on may 15th , somehow im thinking we will see that aain if current trends continue , 

It sure is a lamb here in Northeast Ohio! 60 yesterday, 40's and 50 the whole next week with periods of RAIN not snow! We're like in the bottom 5 winter snow totals in Jan and Feb. Thank you Global warming!:D

We got 10 inches of snow and the whole place looks like a Christmas card.  This is ARIZONA!  It's reported to be hot here year around (Mostly by people who drive through Phoenix on their summer vacations).

I left places like northern Utah, Illinois, and Iwakuni, Japan to get away from cold weather.

17 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We got 10 inches of snow and the whole place looks like a Christmas card.  This is ARIZONA!  It's reported to be hot here year around (Mostly by people who drive through Phoenix on their summer vacations).

I left places like northern Utah, Illinois, and Iwakuni, Japan to get away from cold weather.

Doesn't Prescott get snow and cold in the winter?? Maybe not 10" at a time but it's not Phoenix I know that.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Doesn't Prescott get snow and cold in the winter?? Maybe not 10" at a time but it's not Phoenix I know that.

Not as bad as Flagstaff. ;)

March came in like a herd of steam rollers on steroids this evening.  For about an hour we had sustained winds in the upper 30s to low 40s with wind gusts as high as 80 mph in some places. Clocked over 70 mph at work.

Except for a few isolated streets, the north 2/3rds of town is without power.

T-Mobil cell phone will allow texts but no internet. Using my work AT&T phone as a hotspot as I am tired of typing on it. North of me about 10 miles there was a possible tornado. Couple other possible tornadoes north of DFW. Several lightning caused fires in some areas. 

19 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

My son and his wife live in Flagstaff, where they’re getting hammered this year. He said he’s never seen a winter like this. 

Flagstaff is at the same altitude. What blows through Flagstaff generally hits here the next day.

Archived