SASS Wire Forum

If you like the aroma of Hoppe’s #9

Buckshot Bob

Just now, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I love Hoppe's #9.  I buy it by the quart and it lasts me for years.  I don't think I could use up a gallon in my remaining lifetime.  I like the candle idea.  

When I saw the gallon container I thought the same thing, but it’s a heck of a deal if you wanted to soak parts with it . Or put small cups of it around the house for the aroma. Truthfully I hardly ever use it anymore because of the fuss the wife puts up when I do. Gotta help maintain that domestic bliss. Personally I don’t understand how anyone cannot love the smell of it, kinda like that smell when you’re ejected a couple of hulls out of a double shotgun.

I should get one of the candles for a joke present for my wife. 

My daughter-in-law worked for the company that bought out Hoppy's #9. They wanted to use different sources for the chemicals in it. But any time they switched one chemical,  the smell would change. Even though the chemical was the same spec.  I think they finally came out with a new and improved version. 

57 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I wonder if this would keep the mice from chewing up the inside of my truck

Actually I found some stuff last Fall that seems to work.  No boots on just now, and I don't feel like going out to the garage, but I'll get back to it.  A couple of cloth bags filled with herbs.  Not a great smell to humans, but not bad, worth that, and the $15 and change to keep the rodents away.  Edit: Had to go out after one of the dogs - Botanical Rodent Repellent is the brand.  I have it in three vehicles and haven't seen signs or droppings. I live deep in the country.

Archived