SASS Wire Forum

Cheater

Subdeacon Joe

I've used a cheater pipe on a breaker bar before ... but never like this ...

Leveraging an argument?

I was waiting for the “SPROING” and then the follow up video of the cheater bar sticking out of a windshield a few hundred yards away. :lol:

I have had a few guys that worked for me that have done stupid crap like this. They didn’t work for me long. 

Apparently a decent quality ratchet!

1 hour ago, July Smith said:

Not being a dozer expert....  What are they trying to remove here?  Take the treads off?

Removing the track pads in way different manor.

I broke a Craftsman 3/4" ratchet using a cheater bar about 40 years ago. Used a breaker bar to loosen the nut and switched to the ratchet to speed up removing it from the stud. When the ratchet exploded it sounded like a M-80 went off. Being as I wasn't expecting the failure, I ended up landing on my face. Hurt like 4377 too.

When I took it into Sears for a replacement the idiot behind the service desk said I couldn't get a new one unless I brought in all the pieces. :wacko: Told the idiot that those pieces were scattered all over a corn field and were unrecoverable. Finally got them to call the manager and after explaining to the manager what happened I got my replacement.

Ok I see a torch, 9 pound sledge, and now breaker bar 

If that don't work move the bobcat to the rear and LIFT the cheater with the hydraulics

Or just torch the nuts and replace. Quicker and much safer.

Recipe for a hard to remove broken bolt or stripped nut.   Instead, use heat, a good impact wrench with adjustable torque, and a big dose of patience. 

30 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Or just torch the nuts and replace. Quicker and much safer.

Like I mentioned in the other thread: They can't stick if their liquid! 

Archived