SASS Wire Forum

Mono County Sheriff Tells It Like It Is

Subdeacon Joe

And yet they think their all wheel drive SUV will get them through. When it doesn't they think they are entitles to be rescued along with their precious automobile.   :( :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

And yet they think their all wheel drive SUV will get them through. When it doesn't they think they are entitles to be rescued along with their precious automobile.   :( :wacko:

On some logging road that hasn't seen anything bigger than a mountain bike on it in the past 40 years and that even the 4-Wheel enthusiasts avoid as being impassable.  

Just like the morons that drive thru deep water when there's already a dozen abandoned cars with water up to the door handle. I'm entitled, get over here and rescue me. It's time first responders just leave their lame asses there til the water recedes. But nope, they risk their own life to rescue these worthless idiots. 

If you suddenly let up on the gas a 4x4 has a tendency to slide sideways and driver's don't think to just get back on the gas.

And this week in northern AZ the route to Phoenix from Flagstaff was closed due to ........snow and ice.  A professional colleague of mine was absolutely in disarray over my inability to attend a out of town meeting.  Sitting in my recliner drinking coffee and watching it snow through the front window I had to explain just what winter is.  16 days till spring.....now let me get back to my book.  Since Oct 1st, Flagstaff has had 142.9 inches of snow.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

Just like the morons that drive thru deep water when there's already a dozen abandoned cars with water up to the door handle. I'm entitled, get over here and rescue me. It's time first responders just leave their lame asses there til the water recedes. But nope, they risk their own life to rescue these worthless idiots. 

I laugh every time I see the morons doing that. In many vehicles, if water gets in enough to cover the floorboards, the electronics are toast. The ones that do it during or after a hurricane/tropical storm are even more idiotic. The water that they are driving through, even if they make it though, will destroy their vehicle is just a short time...it's salt water. 

Archived