SASS Wire Forum

FFL Holders selling items on Classifieds

Colonel Lou

I am an FFL Holder and interpret this rule:

"The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member (you may not post for someone else), in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including their SASS Number will be deleted. You may not sell reloaded ammunition. Commercial Posts from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the SASS Wire. Auctions, raffles and fundraisers are not allowed and will be removed immediately. SASS in no way endorses or guarantees any information posted on this page. Postings will automatically be deleted after one week. ***BE INFORMED*** It is mandatory that all firearms sales are done through the proper FFL channels. Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell."  

as I am unable to sell items on this forum.

If I elect to sell on the Wire I must obtain a "Merchant Account" and post in that forum. 

Would like a ruling as members with FFLs are selling in this forum, although NOT Firearms, but Firearms Parts and accessories.  Is this Legal according to SASS rules or is it: slipping under the net, moderators do not check repeat listers to see if they have an FFL or we hope not this is favoritism? 

I understand buying and then reselling IAW rules, as this has gone on for years.  Just asking so we have a level playing field.   

You might want to read the 6th thread on the Classifieds - entitled SASS Wire Classifieds Terms and Guidelines 03/30/2018. The info therein is in a bulleted format and much clearer. 

just my $.02

Cut and pasted from the Classified guidelines:

  NO Firearm sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL (Why? Because determining the difference

between a personal sale and a business sale is impossible)

It's IRS Tax season folks.  Those with an FFL are in business.  Just an educated guess about the reason the people who run this forum wrote the above guideline. 

No dog in this fight, just looking at the Wire waiting for the car to be out of the shop.

Archived