SASS Wire Forum

Army Railroad

Subdeacon Joe

My mother’s brother,  Uncle Ralph, was assigned to a railroad battalion in Belgium in 1944.  As one of the few who knew how to operate a steam locomotive (he learned while employed by the D&RGW) he got to be the engineer.  He said it was fun until the Germans strafed the train. 

11 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Did you know the Army also has Ships ?

For a long time the Army had more Boats than the Navy.  This was early 70s as I remember. 

BS

2 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

For a long time the Army had more Boats than the Navy.  This was early 70s as I remember. 

BS

Army has more aircraft then the Air Force.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The Army has submarines? :huh:

:lol:

If I remember correctly: boats are less than 120 feet long, ships greater than 120 feet long.   Submarines are targets.  B)

On 2/28/2023 at 2:06 PM, Barry Sloe said:

If I remember correctly: boats are less than 120 feet long, ships greater than 120 feet long.   Submarines are targets.  B)

I had a guy who was an Annapolis graduate who worked for me. He described the Navy as submarines, aviation, and targets.

My son's best friend in high school went to Annapolis, served on a boomer.  He decided against a naval career when he had to forcefully advise the captain to change course to avoid a collision.  Sometimes the smart ones don't go career.

15 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

My son's best friend in high school went to Annapolis, served on a boomer.  He decided against a naval career when he had to forcefully advise the captain to change course to avoid a collision.  Sometimes the smart ones don't go career.

During my career I saw first hand that intelligence and common sense do not go hand in hand.

BS

On 2/28/2023 at 7:46 AM, Matthew Duncan said:

Army has more aircraft then the Air Force.

The Air Force has more air conditioners than the army.

Archived