SASS Wire Forum

Korth revolvers

Tennessee williams

Any of y'all familiar with Korth revolvers? Supposed to be one of the best you can buy, but unfortunately has a price tag that you'd expect with such a piece. They're imported by Nighthawk from Germany. Craftsmanship is excellent. Prices range from around 4,000 for their "entry" model to 7,000 for a decked out model. They can be higher than 20,000 for one of their limited run pieces. 

Yes, the actions on my tuned smiths feel better. Some things you want "just because". I love custom revolvers and am a sucker for them like I used to be with 1911s(only have a few now), then with high grade trap guns(down to one). I guess tastes change and right now my sniffer is going for revolvers. Any of yall own one or three? They're hard to find used.

9902-DEFAULT-l.thumb.jpg.994017ff7a8d914b62397b47098d45c3.jpg

G1020-Korth-NXR_Spread_Test-0739_HR.jpg.f81a05971a14be9f45d654f2b5e5e3c0.jpg

My NRA bullseye revolver.is a Les Baer

It is guaranteed to hit 1/2".at 50y yards

That is a little better than me!

It has won matches for me.

I am thinking about replacing my CCW .44 Special revolver with.one of their .45 ACP models.

Held a Korth in a gun store.  That little thingy that sticks up behind the hammer is the cylinder release.  Supposedly the competition shooters gain a hair of time by being able to open the cylinder and reload without the right hand moving off the grip.  I don’t know what southpaws are gonna do.

1 hour ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

I am thinking about replacing my CCW .44 Special revolver with.one of their .45 ACP models.

WIt a minute! Les Baer revolver!?

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Any of y'all familiar with Korth revolvers? Supposed to be one of the best you can buy, but unfortunately has a price tag that you'd expect with such a piece. They're imported by Nighthawk from Germany. Craftsmanship is excellent. Prices range from around 4,000 for their "entry" model to 7,000 for a decked out model. They can be higher than 20,000 for one of their limited run pieces. 

Yes, the actions on my tuned smiths feel better. Some things you want "just because". I love custom revolvers and am a sucker for them like I used to be with 1911s(only have a few now), then with high grade trap guns(down to one). I guess tastes change and right now my sniffer is going for revolvers. Any of yall own one or three? They're hard to find used.

9902-DEFAULT-l.thumb.jpg.994017ff7a8d914b62397b47098d45c3.jpg

G1020-Korth-NXR_Spread_Test-0739_HR.jpg.f81a05971a14be9f45d654f2b5e5e3c0.jpg

And what will this do the my Model 19 S&W won't?  And my gun is prettier and easier to keep clean.

The Korth has never appealed to me, but I'll admit the Manhurin 73 has crossed my mind-- though the dough hasn't crossed my palm.

The expensive French revolver was designed for actual secret-service combat and served well in that role. It's a proven real-world thing. The Korth is just a high-quality expensive gun designed as a high-quality expensive gun. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

WIt a minute! Les Baer revolver!?

I searched the internet and couldn’t find one!! :blink:

6 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I meant Les Bear revolvers!

18 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The Korth has never appealed to me, but I'll admit the Manhurin 73 has crossed my mind-- though the dough hasn't crossed my palm.

The expensive French revolver was designed for actual secret-service combat and served well in that role. It's a proven real-world thing. The Korth is just a high-quality expensive gun designed as a high-quality expensive gun. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Fun article about the Manurhin 73:

https://www.targetbarn.com/broad-side/manurhin-mr73/

I have handled a couple Korths and Manhurin revolvers.

There is always a market for something that performs better or is of significantly better quality.

The Korth and Manuhurin revolvers are neither 4 times better than the Colt/ Smith that the Korth copies or the Smith/ Ruger that the Manhurin copies.

The materials "may" be better - the fit/ finish "may" be better - but neither is enough better to justify their price tag.

It is certainly not a Toyota/ Bugatti comparison.

More like a C8 Corvette / McLaren comparison.

The C8 will do 95% of what the McLaren will do at half the price with much more product support IF something does go wrong AND with a little extra work is capable of far surpassing the performance of the more expensive item.

You just don't get to brag that you own a McLaren.

I really wanted a Nighthawk Skyhawk 9mm revolver. I read up on them and decided I just had to have one. I found a gun site that had 2 available brand new in the box for $2700 each. 
Can I get an “eek man”?

Considering one of the websites I looked at said they ran about $1000 that was a surprise. 
This was in 2015, I believe. I decided I really didn’t want one after all. :rolleyes:

Here’s a couple of photos. 
image.thumb.jpeg.36f3f0adb0f7ba1e9a14044ec4e5129a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52477b78e9f5562791275298446941fb.jpeg

This was the only Korth I have been interested in. 

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And what will this do the my Model 19 S&W won't?  And my gun is prettier and easier to keep clean.

Here's a few things depending on the model....

Fire 8rds without reloading. Change from 357mag to 9mm cylinder in under 10 seconds with the push of a button. Mount a red dot and a flashlight and a laser all at the same time(if youre so inclined). Has a 3way external fully adjustable trigger. The cylinder opens to a wider angle to facilitate faster reloads. The cylinder is undercut from the factory to allow the use of moonclips. Can cause an instant debate on the wire regarding merit and capabilities.

I'm not so sure the 19 is "easier" to keep clean. The DLC coating on the Korth, I'm familiar with as well as the 19s blue and nickel finish. The diamond like coating(DLC) is a very nice finish that resists scratches and stuff sticking to it. A dry paper towel will get most stuff off, and you don't have to worry about hurting the bluing.

All that being said, the model 19 is probably one of my favorite firearms. Smith and wesson double actions are my favorite, period. Like I said, MY tuned smiths feel better. The Korth feels better than the performance center smiths Ive had out of the box. I've never felt a tuned Korth to compare apples to apples. My guess is, the roller trigger on the Korth has a lot of potential. 

Some things you want, just because you want them. You can go pay your electric bill and buy a loaf of bread in a Chevy Chevette. You don't HAVE TO have a Chevy Corvette.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Here's a few things depending on the model....

Fire 8rds without reloading. Change from 357mag to 9mm cylinder in under 10 seconds with the push of a button. Mount a red dot and a flashlight and a laser all at the same time(if youre so inclined). Has a 3way external fully adjustable trigger. The cylinder opens to a wider angle to facilitate faster reloads. The cylinder is undercut from the factory to allow the use of moonclips. Can cause an instant debate on the wire regarding merit and capabilities.

I'm not so sure the 19 is "easier" to keep clean. The DLC coating on the Korth, I'm familiar with as well as the 19s blue and nickel finish. The diamond like coating(DLC) is a very nice finish that resists scratches and stuff sticking to it. A dry paper towel will get most stuff off, and you don't have to worry about hurting the bluing.

All that being said, the model 19 is probably one of my favorite firearms. Smith and wesson double actions are my favorite, period. Like I said, MY tuned smiths feel better. The Korth feels better than the performance center smiths Ive had out of the box. I've never felt a tuned Korth to compare apples to apples. My guess is, the roller trigger on the Korth has a lot of potential. 

Some things you want, just because you want them. You can go pay your electric bill and buy a loaf of bread in a Chevy Chevette. You don't HAVE TO have a Chevy Corvette.:ph34r:

Let me get this straight. You want to buy something with your own money for your  own personal wants and needs and you are not following the whims of the Collective? 
Well, that’s just too doggoned independent and selfish of you. How American! :lol::lol::lol:

17 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Could you show us a picture of your Les Baer REVOLVER???

Ooops

Be a little forgiving, after all, I'm an El Rey.

It's a Les Baer semi automatic PISTOL!!!

:-(_

4 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Ooops

Be a little forgiving, after all, I'm an El Rey.

It's a Les Baer semi automatic PISTOL!!!

:-(_

You’re a neighborhood Hispanic grocery store? :lol:

https://www.elreyfoods.com/?lang=en

For the price of a Korth I can own several Smiths and Rugers.

Or a used Toyota.

:D

TN,

I understand your wants and desires.   Mine ain't a Korth, BUT..... it is a 460 Rowland.

Sure, I can shoot some hot magnum revolvers and some hot stuff in a few semi-auto pistols, like the Desert Eagles, but I really

like my 1911 460 Rowlands.

And at present, my latest Rowland is on a 6" Rock Island bull barrel 1911.   No compensator is needed with the 6" and Rowland

has told me the bull barrel surpasses their expectations in performance.

Sooooo, soon I will have my standard 1911 .45 acp back from Rowland that will nearly perform .44 magnum ballistics in a

eight round 1911.    These pistols are a blast to shoot.   

Did I need it?   NO

But did I want it?   YES, and I pursued getting it even though the modification cost me about the same as the pistol itself.

Will I let YOU shoot it?   Maybe..... if you let me shoot your new Korth..... :lol:

..........Widder

There is a LGS that usually has a few Korths on hand. Since they're priced at stratospheric levels I've never bothered to handle one. Nice revolvers though. I'm just Neanderthal enough to not perceive the difference between a Korth and a Smith and Wesson.

That said, like Widder I have a big bore want (need)... a short barrel Smith X frame in .460. Yes, I like ridiculous revolvers.  I'm sure I'll pay for that choice in the future...

So, no one has a Korth?

@Tennessee williams  have you heard of The High Road? It’s a gun / shooting forum. If you would go on there in the Revolver section and ask about Korths I am sure you’d find someone that can answer all your questions or concerns. 
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So, no one has a Korth?

@Tennessee williams  have you heard of The High Road? It’s a gun / shooting forum. If you would go on there in the Revolver section and ask about Korths I am sure you’d find someone that can answer all your questions or concerns. 
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php

Thanks man. I'll check them out.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

There is a LGS that usually has a few Korths on hand. Since they're priced at stratospheric levels I've never bothered to handle one. Nice revolvers though. I'm just Neanderthal enough to not perceive the difference between a Korth and a Smith and Wesson.

That said, like Widder I have a big bore want (need)... a short barrel Smith X frame in .460. Yes, I like ridiculous revolvers.  I'm sure I'll pay for that choice in the future...

I have a 5" 500s&w magnum, a 7.5" 460s&w magnum and a 14" 460s&w magnum. I like big revolvers too. I think Widder and I may pulverize some Coyotes this year. Or atleast tear our wrists up.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

... I think Widder and I may pulverize some Coyotes this year. Or atleast tear our wrists up.:ph34r:

Funny you mention coyotes as today I was just thinking my new Smith 57 in .41 mag would make a nice coyote handgun and I need to get out and call hunt again soon.

I sold all my bolt action hunting rifles I used to hunt deer and 'yotes with for cowboy guns. I was thing I'd use a Marlin 30-30 or 38-55 but then it dawned on me...handgun hunt 'em! :D

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Funny you mention coyotes as today I was just thinking my new Smith 57 in .41 mag would make a nice coyote handgun and I need to get out and call hunt again soon.

I sold all my bolt action hunting rifles I used to hunt deer and 'yotes with for cowboy guns. I was thing I'd use a Marlin 30-30 or 38-55 but then it dawned on me...handgun hunt 'em! :D

How about the new s&w 350 legend?

Have you ever wondered if all the gun company executives have off spring or relatives that are Orthopedic Surgeons specializing in hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder issues? :lol:

Archived