SASS Wire Forum

Ideas for things to give to shooters at a major match

Chantry

4 hours ago, Pb Mark said:

Ten nice shiny gold color dollar coins placed in a little piece of burlap, tied with little ribbon.

Guaranteed to be made in America.  Easy get from any bank.

On the way home from that match @Barkeep Casey would get terrible gas mileage.:lol:

1 hour ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

You're not going with chicken feet?

:D

I nearly sprayed coffee on that one!

One of the best Shooters packet gifts I got was a small clam shell first aid kit with band aids,gauze, surgical tape wound cleaning towelettes, wound and burn cream in it. Was small enough to keep in the guncart without taking up much room

On 2/27/2023 at 10:34 PM, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

One of the best Shooters packet gifts I got was a small clam shell first aid kit with band aids,gauze, surgical tape wound cleaning towelettes, wound and burn cream in it. Was small enough to keep in the guncart without taking up much room

At Heluva Ruckus! Mine is in my gear bag right now! 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:41 PM, Fretless said:

On the way home from that match @Barkeep Casey would get terrible gas mileage.:lol:

A tip is a tip. I will take gold coins with pleasure!

6 hours ago, Texas Jack Black said:

A true test only give awards to the  first place winner and no top overall as it is meaningless and watch what happens. This is a game not a  competition

This is a dead horse topic that pops up every few years. Participation awards keep the game alive and we need to survive.

It is what it is

Best Wishes

Sounds like you’re describing OWSA! They only gave an award for 1st place. They no longer exist!!

23 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Sounds like you’re describing OWSA! They only gave an award for 1st place. They no longer exist!!

You need to reread my post

On 2/26/2023 at 10:52 AM, Ethan Cord said:

Where do you buy this for $10.00 or less? Asking for a friend.......

Like Johnny Cash once sang, "You might say went went to the factory and picked it up, it's cheaper that way!"  One piece at a time, but it cost a couple of people a couple of dimes. 

When I mentioned arm garters with alias earlier, that was for everybody.  As far as drawings for door prizes, several area clubs have given some large Rtic insulated mugs with club logo.  I finally "won" one a few years ago from Green Mountain Regulators (and it is green :) ).  This has been VERY useful to me as I use it daily at home and travelling.

I don't drink hard liquor (goes back to one evening in high school when I downed almost a fifth of Canadian in about an hour :o ).  Part of my prize last year for best dressed gentleman at the Whoopin' was a bottle of Bourbon.  That and anything similar I may win gets given to a brother who still likes that stuff.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:57 PM, Assassin said:

We used to give away primers at Hell On Wheels. Some folks would get 500 others 1000. Some complained because they were Winchester. Bet they wouldn't complain now. Gave away many boxes of CheyCast bullets. One year we gave away some US Silver Eagle dollars. 

How ever are we going to get Rangers to work for $1.00 a day if you are giving them away free??

Give me a good fun match.

Only give me stuff if it's donated. Awards cost so much. Put what you can in that.

Save the rest for the club.

Clubs need to make a little. It's hard enough to come out in the black.

Just my opinion. 

I just remembered this one.  Some years ago at a Comancheria Days match each shooter's packet contained one of these, put together by Col. Callan.  You pin your SASS badge or name badge or whatever to the leather piece, the pin going through the hole.  The very strong magnet goes inside your shirt.  Avoids making a hole in the shirt for your badge.  Works well with thin fabric like a shirt, not so good with a vest.

magnetic badge holder.jpg

I got a cleaning kit at one match but it did not have instructions on how to use it so it just sits in my drawer.

Something useful? How about a dozen eggs 

Give me a 10 pack of OREOS, that would make about 95% of the shooters happy.

It would be hard to find something new for those of us who have attended 100's of shoots. I really dont need anything to remind me of the shoot. If it was a good shoot I probably will not remember it, if it was a bad shoot I probably wont forget it.

We just started making 10 10 4+ stickers to give out. One of our shooters has a vinyl printer he made some really cool stickers and they are cheap to make.

383F1D86-9990-4147-B3BF-1BF95FF9E450.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Black RZR said:

We just started making 10 10 4+ stickers to give out. One of our shooters has a vinyl printer he made some really cool stickers and they are cheap to make.

383F1D86-9990-4147-B3BF-1BF95FF9E450.jpeg

Yeah, it looks nice, but having the rifles on it defeats the original purpose of 10 10 4+ stickers which is to allow other cowboy shooters to know you are one, too, but not let the thieves know there are guns in the car.  IMO, of course.

23 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

At Chantry's match it's

10-10-8+ . Mega fun!!

It's NOT my match, that's too much work and responsibility!

The CT Valley Bushwackers do put on a great annual match and the three people that deserve the credit the most are Milo Sierra, Hey Moe and Double Tap Taylor

11 hours ago, Chantry said:

It's NOT my match, that's too much work and responsibility!

The CT Valley Bushwackers do put on a great annual match and the three people that deserve the credit the most are Milo Sierra, Hey Moe and Double Tap Taylor

You're absolutely right, was referring more to you being the OP of this thread. They do put on one heck of a match!

Archived