SASS Wire Forum

Ideas for things to give to shooters at a major match

Chantry

Looking for ideas for something to give the shooters for an upcoming major match.  Prefer something useful and/or different and cost to be $10 or preferably less.

The most useful item I ever received was a spent brass bag that clipped onto my cart.  Shotgun bore brushes are also nice.

Over the years, I've received many large match giveaways. I've kept very few of the items that I've received. One item that I received at the Ides of March in 2008, was a flexible laser/light with the match/year imprinted on it. I use it on an (almost) daily basis. It is similar to the ones in the link below.

https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/flashlights/flex-light-with-laser.htm

Bent spoon belt hangers 

shotgun brushes

Brass bags 

I drink coffee every morning from my Land Run coffee cup. 

Does your club have a seamstress?  For last year's Whoopin', Prickly Pear Peggy made arm garters for everyone with their alias on them.  These also served as name badges.

20 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Does your club have a seamstress?  For last year's Whoopin', Prickly Pear Peggy made arm garters for everyone with their alias on them.  These also served as name badges.

I am wearing mine at Fire & Ice.

Pens with your club name and logo are nice too.

The best time of their life. They can’t give, throw or sell away.  Many fond memories from places that did just that. I have more coffee mugs, shot glasses and beer glasses than I’ll ever use.  Give them something they will take to their grave….A Big Smile !

We used to give away primers at Hell On Wheels. Some folks would get 500 others 1000. Some complained because they were Winchester. Bet they wouldn't complain now. Gave away many boxes of CheyCast bullets. One year we gave away some US Silver Eagle dollars. 

9 hours ago, Assassin said:

We used to give away primers at Hell On Wheels. Some folks would get 500 others 1000. Some complained because they were Winchester. Bet they wouldn't complain now. Gave away many boxes of CheyCast bullets. One year we gave away some US Silver Eagle dollars. 

LOL   I'd complain if they weren't Winchester.

And then I'd use 'em anyway.

The nice Dillon hinged bullet boxes you did a few years ago, came in handy. I like the coffee cup idea as well. 

Over the past 9 years we have given what our sponsors donated. One year it was homemade soap.  Here are some other things:  brass bags, custom ink pens, leather & shear-ling gun rugs, patches, pins, etc.  We have always had enough for that as well as for door prizes.  I just requires a bit of planning and some people dedicated to getting sponsors for the match; both local & larger corporate ones.  One year we received gift card from a store & bought cleaning kits that that had on sale from their store with it.  If they give you cash or gift cards/certificates; ask the manager for some assistance and use them at their store right then.  It say that you value what their opinions an appreciate their gift.  Yes we all know they write it off in taxes but, when you do that they donate again and sometimes they give even more.

Granted, it wasn't in SASS, but we laid out useful prizes (bullets, primers, gift certificates, clothing, even guns, which were processed through an FFL member) on tables. Winners drew in order of place, the Overall champ, Firsts, Seconds, etc.  Folks picked what was needed or of interest.  The souvenir was a coffee cup with match and date.  Everyone got one of those.  Better days, and there were some generous sponsors, many of the prizes were solicited.

Just now, Tennessee williams said:

We could tell you, but then we'd have to....you know.:ph34r:

Let me guess, Nanner splits! :lol:

2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Yep. 8031E2EE-CBC2-49D9-9456-06DC00EC3C44.thumb.jpeg.582ced2640448064f74f369d550e79b6.jpegB3DD4B1E-7642-4C8E-BAD1-ABE47FCBE084.thumb.jpeg.7d3bba792120645d17adb3b6ba51e5b4.jpeg805117A3-0694-41CC-ADAD-29F0B7E47D3E.thumb.jpeg.fb7589361a890ce97da6d9060fbed92d.jpeg

Randy

Where do you buy this for $10.00 or less? Asking for a friend.......

hand towels that can hang from the cart with match info on them, hat pins with your match on them,  t-shirts with match info on them, shotgun swabs, long gun covers, mugs, scratch off lottery tickets

TM

Raffle tickets

Gun oil,

Mini flashlights,

Logo towels,

Logo sweat bands, Logo t-shirts or sweatshirts,

SASS Shooters Handbooks with event logo cover, Event collector pins, Waterproof covers for match shooter's booklets,

Lead removal soap, Ammo boxes.  

One of the most useful things I ever got in a match gift packet was lens cleaning cloths or packets.  Everybody needs to clean their shooting glasses sometime during the match.

Howdy, Chantry,

Lottery tickets and "snap-on" lever wraps.

Mo

We have received some of the above - some once and some so often that we still have unused ones on hand.  All were appreciated, but honestly, they didn't have to do it.

At our match we have given out several things.  Members have made boot jacks and squib rods for us to to give.  We have purchased ammo boxes, Ballistol, gun cleaning pads and more as a way to thank our shooters for their support.  One time the envelope for the shooter packet was replaced with a canvas bag that had any number of uses.  One of the nicest things we gave out were custom embroidered hats.  The hats had a nice logo on the front and the shooter's alias embroidered on the back.  Many times that we gave things out were those when our door prize table was looking pretty empty.  That occured during the COVID years especially. 

As our state match approaches we are debating on what to do.  

I just want to go to Imis Twohoffon's match or one that hands out bottles wine :D:lol::D!   

Thanks for the thread!  There's some good ideas here.

Ten nice shiny gold color dollar coins placed in a little piece of burlap, tied with little ribbon.

Guaranteed to be made in America.  Easy get from any bank.

Nice neckerchiefs with the club name on them

Archived