SASS Wire Forum

POF Tombstone as seen at gun store

Pat Riot

It is an odd looking gun. Though I must admit seeing it in person it doesn’t look as goofy as I thought it would from what I saw in the online videos snd photos. I wouldn’t buy one but I am sure someone will and maybe they’ll get hooked on lever guns. Or not. 

I’d pay $500 for one, but not much more. 

37 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Is the price $1,759.00?  If so , I hope they have their Pakistani sub-contractor geared up because they have a hit on their hands.:blink:

Yes, the price is $1760. Usually this place has very reasonable prices, but I believe that was the advertised MSRP at SHOT, but now the MSRP from POF is $1962. :wacko:

https://pof-usa.com/firearm/tombstone-9mm/

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I find it funny that everyone knocks the price as too high.

Have you priced a new Uberti 73 lately? One set up with the CAS cost north of $1900.00.

Yeah, but ugly shouldn’t cost so much. :lol:

5 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Life it too short to play with ugly guns. 

Colt SAA  45 Colt new color case  June 17 2021.jpg

AMEN!  And this new POS moves to a brand new level of ugly.

PS, I'll give you hundred bucks apiece for those Colts.  (Last guy I made an offer similar to that...for a three barrel cased Bernardelli Brescia double barreled 12 gauge set with all the trimmings that sold at that time for about $3500.00..... calmly yawned and told me "Mister, I wouldn't even shoot with one for a hundred dollars.")

I don't like him any more.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, but ugly shouldn’t cost so much. :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

An ever increasing proportion of the population no longer thinks wood belongs on a gun. To me “just about” every gun has a purpose, so I guess this fulfills someone’s. POF builds high quality firearms. Their guns are usually a cut above industry standard. And they are a small manufacturer so they are probably never going to be competitively priced with companies like Ruger or S&W. And that’s not a bad thing they fulfill a different niche in the market. 
I guess we’ll see if they’ve done their marketing research correctly and there really is a market for this. That seems to be where allot of gun companies fail. 

All that being said as much as I like POF firearms it doesn’t interest me. For what this gun can accomplish, and what it looks like, I’d rather have something that loads itself. 
But it does fulfill the modern day version of having a handgun and carbine in the same caliber with the amount of people out there that own 9mm pistols. 

4 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

An ever increasing proportion of the population no longer thinks wood belongs on a gun. To me “just about” every gun has a purpose, so I guess this fulfills someone’s. POF builds high quality firearms. Their guns are usually a cut above industry standard. And they are a small manufacturer so they are probably never going to be competitively priced with companies like Ruger or S&W. And that’s not a bad thing they fulfill a different niche in the market. 
I guess we’ll see if they’ve done their marketing research correctly and there really is a market for this. That seems to be where allot of gun companies fail. 

All that being said as much as I like POF firearms it doesn’t interest me. For what this gun can accomplish, and what it looks like, I’d rather have something that loads itself. 
But it does fulfill the modern day version of having a handgun and carbine in the same caliber with the amount of people out there that own 9mm pistols. 

In my opinion guns like this keep the concept of “lever guns” alive. The price is high for what it is, but someone will buy them. I think if these were priced more along the lines with Henry’s, Rossi’s or new Marlins (that my come out one day) they would sell to people that want a fast lever gun that they can add accessories and other sights to them. 

The typical sass shooter isn’t the target customer for this gun.  If I had to guess it’s aimed at younger buyers who have grown up on AR’s and polymer striker pistols.   It looks like it’s maybe in 9mm, so that would be a cartridge they have and styling is along the lines of an AR.  You can now have a lever gun that is legal in all these states that are currently prohibiting semi autos, shoots a cartridge you have, and looks like all the other black guns in your safe.  It will sell, just not to a typical sass shooter.  

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In my opinion guns like this keep the concept of “lever guns” alive. The price is high for what it is, but someone will buy them. I think if these were priced more along the lines with Henry’s, Rossi’s or new Marlins (that my come out one day) they would sell to people that want a fast lever gun that they can add accessories and other sights to them. 

Their AR’s are priced high compared to most others in the market also. Their customers aren’t the guy looking for the lowest price gun of a particular pattern. But they’re priced competitively to the other high end makers. To me it’s like comparing a Ruger AR to a Daniel Defense or a Chevy to a Cadillac. What level of refinement do you want? And what are you willing to pay? Henry and Marlin are great but they don’t hold 30 rounds. Even Henry has come out with a new semi carbine with a box mag this yr, which I would rather have because it loads itself. Some people would never pay 3 or 5 thousand dollars for a 1911 or 2 grand for a Glock, but many do.

I could honestly see this being popular in states that have banned “assault rifles”, especially if they offer 10 round mags . But with the Bruin decision hopefully the madness will be ended in the next couple of years. Laws change the desirability and cost of firearms allot. Look what a M16 goes for because of the NFA and what Ronbo and the republicans gave up on the manufacture and sale of full autos to citizens. When it should cost the same as any AR15. 

Archived