SASS Wire Forum

Walmart

Here is a headline currently on the CBS News website.  And they thought the people going to Walmart are dumb.

More than 1 million Mainstays candles from Walmart recalled over fire hazards

Kind of reminds me of the effort made a few years ago to require that buckets have holes in the bottom so children would not drown in them.

31 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Kind of reminds me of the effort made a few years ago to require that buckets have holes in the bottom so children would not drown in them.

Wait...did that actually happen?  It's sad that I have to ask.

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If you look at the article, it's a manufacturer defect. Some of the wicks are too close to the glass wall of the candle, and the heat can cause the glass to break, causing hot wax to leak out. The glass can also cause one to cut themselves. 

Who knew? Broken glass can cut you? OMG We need to ban glass! The horror, oh the humanity. :wacko:

CJ

16 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If you look at the article, it's a manufacturer defect. Some of the wicks are too close to the glass wall of the candle, and the heat can cause the glass to break, causing hot wax to leak out. The glass can also cause one to cut themselves. 

Thanks for the explanation. I won’t have to read the article! :lol:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks for the explanation. I won’t have to read the article! :lol:

Glad I could help. The way it was presented left a good bit of information out. I frequently shop at Walmart, so I was fairly sure that there was more to it than just stupidity.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

If they would ban fire, things like this would never happen.:o

Plus it adds to Global Warming!:P

Archived