SASS Wire Forum

Phenix attractions

Show Me

Presently you can't even drive to Flagstaff so a visit to the South Rim may not be possible.  I'd consult Tripadivisor's "Things to do" list for Phoenix.  There is more to do than you will have time to see.  I always make a trip to Wild West Mercantile in Mesa to buy some new cowboy duds for the coming year.  I also bring home a case of fresh-picked citrus from local orchards.

If you can't visit the Canyon, consider shooting the 4-Corners Regional and visit it on that trip.

Things not to do at the Grand Canyon.

151EDCAB-F2BF-489F-8145-DBA8E10A6B98.jpeg

Heard Museum, Old Town Scottsdale, Desert Botanical Gardens, Pioneer Village, Lake Pleasant, Tortilla Flats. With the storm coming I would stay south. 

Check out the Museum of the West in Scottsdale...

https://scottsdalemuseumwest.org/

Heard Museum in central Phx

https://heard.org/

Apache Junction Rodeo, Feb 24 - 25- 26

https://www.lostdutchmandays.org/

Wickenburg and Cave Creek are always fun......

Like Cholla said, stay south....northern AZ has been hammered with snow and road restrictions.

You need to drive an hour or so north to Sedona. It's on the way to the Grand Canyon. Some of the most beautiful country you have ever seen, and plenty of places to visit on the cliff dwelling Indians that used to live there.

16 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

From Sedona take the drive thru Oak Creek Canyon on the way to Flagstaff.

DON'T waste your time going to the Meter crater !!! One ugly hole in the ground.

Like Cholla mentioned Tortilla flats is pretty neat.

If you're going through Oak Creek Canyon, stop in for lunch at the Indian Gardens Deli and eat in their back courtyard. We really enjoy their bacon and brie sandwich with honey fig sauce.

Rock Springs is just north of the range at the south end of Black Canyon City. It used to be an old stage stop. It is very popular and their biscuits and gravy fill the massive plates they use. They are also well-known for their pie selection.

Bruno's Reloading Supplies is right by the Deer Valley Airport and has almost everything you want or need, but his prices are a little high.

Shopping and eating on Whiskey Row in Prescott is always a destination. The Palace Saloon still has the old tin ceiling and if you ask the staff, they can point out the bullet holes from over joyance cowboys back in the day.

But... We are expected to get another round of snow starting Saturday night with the snow level dropping to 3500'. Arizona doesn't salt their roads so they can get quite slick. Staying south of Sunset Point on I-17 should be safe.

7 minutes ago, Show Me said:

We have arrived, ,thanks for all your suggestions  Steven and Nancy 

If you go to Grand Canyon, while Kuckleburr ain’t looking either spit or pee off the rim :D

Archived