SASS Wire Forum

Powder

Grass Range

I’d like to have it.  Are you permitted to ship??

Sent ya’ a PM.

As per our PM conversation,

I’ll take ‘em!

11 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

Unopened

Oh ok,  I only asked because you can't ship through the USPS... And with FedEx and UPS you have to have a hazmat certification.   Or at least I think... I could totally be wrong of course.

Neat cans though... would have loved to add them to my collection 

51 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

Yes you can but do not declare what is in the box

and hope they don’t open the box…. This requires a hazmat certification to send.  No one can send powder without it.  

Gunpowder cannot be shipped legally by an individual without proper HazMat certification by any shipping means. Anyone that suggests otherwise is mistaken.

I might add that posting intents to circumvent or violate the rules on shipping "hazardous" materials on a WIDELY visited site...seeing how anything posted on the internet NEVER goes away, is not really a great thing to do.

For shipping regulations:

49 CFR 171- 176 this CFR lists ALL the regulations for shipping any Hazardous Materials, It lists what has to be on a shipping paper , the labeling of the material, packaging for the material, Etc .

3 hours ago, Grass Range said:

OK. So I dumped the powder. SOmeone was interested in just the cans. I have 6 more that I will dump the powder and sell just the empty cans.

Just a thought.

Dump the powder into a well marked baggie. And sell it or even give it to a pard at your range.

Sell the empty cans like you are.

Hate to see powder or anything wasted.

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

Just a thought.

Dump the powder into a well marked baggie. And sell it or even give it to a pard at your range.

Sell the empty cans like you are.

Hate to see powder or anything wasted.

There are those that put a different powder in cans once the original is used up. So no one knows for sure in opened cans just what it is. Could cause major harm. I do not know what these contain for sure as I got them opened and a long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 7:53 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

How much for just the empty cans?

I have emptied 6 of these old cans so will pm you. Now I have a bucket of mixed powder to dispose of. The gravel county road runs for 5  miles thru the place so I will empty this in a long line down the middle of the road and light it.

2 hours ago, Grass Range said:

I have emptied 6 of these old cans so will pm you. Now I have a bucket of mixed powder to dispose of. The gravel county road runs for 5  miles thru the place so I will empty this in a long line down the middle of the road and light it.

Or use it for fertilizer in your garden.

2 hours ago, Grass Range said:

This is going to require video and a timer...video from both ends...please. :D:ph34r:

What is interesting is that you can ship ammo but not primers nor powder without a hazmat certification. Doesn't make any sense to me.

TM

Grass Range is a great pard to deal with!!

I agree with Cypess Sun!!

VIDEO REQUIRED!! :lol:

Archived