SASS Wire Forum

Hello from Germany

Forest Gun Germany

4 hours ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

sorry, but english is not my mother tongue.  Like every other German student, I had to learn English.  And today I work in an international company that is owned by Americans.  But I know very well that I am not perfect in speaking and writing.

You are doing an excellent job.

4 hours ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

Thanks, I am very happy to read that.  We learn British English, not American English

We will not hold that against you. :)

After all we put up with the Aussies and Canadians. :P :P

16 hours ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

Hallo Werner Braunau ist nur 40 km von mir entfernt, ich wohne nahe der Grenze zu Österreich.

Liebe Grüße aus Deiner alten Heimat.

Hello Werner Braunau is only 40 km away from me, I live near the border with Austria.

Greetings from your old homeland.

Stefan 

Danke Stefan. 
My written English is much better than my German. I have been in the US for over 66 years. I will be coming home for likely the last time in May to bring my parents ashes home. Perhaps we might meet up then. 

What city do you live in?

Werner

6 hours ago, Big Gus, SASS# 66666 said:

Danke Stefan. 
Mein schriftliches Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch. Ich bin seit über 66 Jahren in den USA. Ich werde voraussichtlich im Mai zum letzten Mal nach Hause kommen, um die Asche meiner Eltern nach Hause zu bringen. Vielleicht treffen wir uns dann mal. 

In welcher Stadt wohnen Sie?

Werner

Hello Werner, I live with my family near Altötting, on the German side of the River Inn.

10 hours ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

Hello Werner, I live with my family near Altötting, on the German side of the River Inn.

I know Altötting well in fact Saint Konrad who is in interred  in one of the churches on the square is my great great great Unkle on my fathers side of the family. 

Archived