SASS Wire Forum

Hello from Germany

Forest Gun Germany

Hello all SASS friends here in the USA, my real name is Stefan, 46 years old and living in the south of Germany, state of Bavaria and I would like to apologize for my bad english. In Germany we are getting more and more friends of western shooting. The rules of the SASS are shot here in Germany, adapted to the German weapons laws, in the BDS (Bund Deutscher Schützen). I hope for a lot of information and a lot of fun about the cowboy action shooting.

best regards

Servus in die Schweiz, 

All shooting events in Germany sell out very quickly because German shooters have to take part in competitions to be allowed to keep their guns.

Beste Grüße

Stefan

glad you have joined us here , i think you have presented yourself just fine , your english works well , some of us have eccentric english because of dialets related to regions as well , yours is just fine [very good] english , look forward to hearing how you shoot our game there , are there restrictions on what you can use for guns and ammo ? 

i have german and french friends in other venues on other sites that seem to have a lot of flexibility , that flys in the face of things we hear of european gun laws , but my friends tell me they have far more flexibility than their laws might suggest , these are mostly high power or military type shootees , a few are low power 22cal shooters , they seem to have found their way to shoot without difficulty - some gun storage and license regulations apply though , tell us how it works for you .

47 minutes ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

All shooting events in Germany sell out very quickly because German shooters have to take part in competitions to be allowed to keep their guns.

I didn't know that!

The pard from our club who was responsible for the registration said that there were 120 special tickets for non-germans available, which isn't a lot... So, I hope for better luck next year!

46 minutes ago, watab kid said:

Ich bin froh, dass Sie sich hier angeschlossen haben, ich denke, Sie haben sich gut präsentiert, Ihr Englisch funktioniert gut, einige von uns haben exzentrisches Englisch, auch wegen regionaler Dialekte, Ihres ist gut [sehr gut] Englisch, freue mich darauf , zu hören, wie Sie unser Wild dort schießen, gibt es Einschränkungen, was Sie für Waffen und Munition verwenden können? 

Ich habe deutsche und französische Freunde an anderen Orten auf anderen Seiten, die viel Flexibilität zu haben scheinen, das widerspricht den Dingen, die wir über europäische Waffengesetze hören, aber meine Freunde sagen mir, dass sie viel flexibler sind, als ihre Gesetze möglicherweise lassen , Dies sind die meisten Hochleistungs - oder Militärschützen , einige wenige sind 22cal - Schützen mit geringer Leistung , sie scheinen ihren Weg zum Schießen ohne Schwierigkeiten gefunden zu haben -- es gelten jedoch einige Waffenaufbewahrungs - und Lizenzbestimmungen , sagen Sie uns , wie es für Sie funktioniert .

It's a long way to get a gun legally in Germany. As a hunter you have to take an exam, the school lasts three weeks to several months depending on the federal state. Then the hunter has to buy a new license every three years. When it comes to sport shooting, you have to train for at least a year with guns borrowed from a club or friends in order to get 2 handguns and a maximum of 3 semi-automatic rifles. Bolt action rifles are limited to 10 since 2020. (previously unlimited)
But you can't buy more than two pieces in six months, max. four pieces a year.
Anyone who wants or needs more weapons must regularly participate in major competitions in order to then be allowed to use more than this contingent. I myself have been shooting sports since 2011 (SigSauer P226, Glock 36 Gen.5, AR15 from a German manufacturer called Schmeisser, Ruger 10/22, Mauser K98k, CarlGustav 6.5x55 swedish) and have been in western shooting since January 2023. But I have 2 Ruger Vaquero 4 3/8" Stainless and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy (still waiting for me at the dealer for 5 months because I'm only allowed to register 2 in 6 months) all three in .357mag/. .38 shotgun is missing I have everything I need for Western shooting, except for my hat In Germany, guns must be locked separately from the ammunition in gun cabinets that must weigh at least 200 kg or be screwed to the wall. There are different categories of gun safes, for which a different number of weapons is allowed. For ammunition, a closet or metal box will suffice. Officers can check this at any time. (No one came to check with me, but my father-in-law and some friends from my club have already been to the inspectors.) If I don't At home and inspecting, my wife can only show the locked safes as she doesn't have a firearms license, she doesn't know how to unlock it.(She knows wi really not)

Welcome to the fun.

Your gun laws are a little more draconian than ours in some instances, better in others.

I guess we need to convince other voters "we" aren't the problem and vote the gun grabbers out of office.

Welcome aboard!! I can't believe the bizarre laws you have there. Well, at least you can own pretty much anything you want if you go through the hoops!

Happy TrailsB)

6 hours ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

Hello all SASS friends here in the USA, my real name is Stefan, 46 years old and living in the south of Germany, state of Bavaria and I would like to apologize for my bad english. In Germany we are getting more and more friends of western shooting. The rules of the SASS are shot here in Germany, adapted to the German weapons laws, in the BDS (Bund Deutscher Schützen). I hope for a lot of information and a lot of fun about the cowboy action shooting.

best regards

Your English is better than my German, pard.

Welcome to the wire and the game.  You'll have a lot of fun.

I don't suppose you know where to find any 19th century German muzzleloaders?  I have a thing for those :)

Willkommen meine Freunde aus Deutschland und der Schweiz, Forest Gun und Phil.  (I hope I got that right.)  It's been many years (over 58) since I spoke any German because the U. S. Army and Marine Corps both decided to send me to Japan and Vietnam.  

I'm happy to see so many people from so any places still fighting to keep and use guns.

Enjoy the sport and the next round is on me.

I have fond memories of the time I spent in Bavaria many years ago. Welcome to SASS!

7A502C42-00B3-48E1-AAA4-0BD894D70C79.jpeg

Hi Forest, if you still need a shotgun contact the "Duke" gun shop there in Germany. I supply him with Winchester 1897 12 gauge shotguns and just completed a large shipment to him so I know he has some in stock. Good shooting.:D

welcome to the Wire and Cowboy shooting

how do you matches run?  

ours are usually 6 stages, each stage is normally 10 pistol, 10 rifle and 4+ shotgun, those the numbers are not set in stone

we take about 3 hours to shoot them all together depending on posse size.

most matches see 30-40 shooters and we shoot twice a month.  

we all pretty much reload our own ammo, though commercial shotgun shells are widely used

link to our club:  https://thunderriverrenegades.com/#

facebook if you have access:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660793720854451

and out sister club 90 miles north of Houston, Texas:  https://willowholecowboys.com/

cr

Howdy, and welcome aboard, Stefan!  This game is so much fun it's ridiculous. 

The matches put on by Refil and Dammit Olli (and Shotgun Boogie, when he lived there!) were some of the best matches I have ever attended.  If you're going to be at Days of Truth this year, be sure to look me up, and say hi!

Very Best Wishes,

Frederick Jackson Turner

Thank you for the warm welcome here. goggle translator helps me with my english.

Children under 14 are only allowed to shoot with Co2 and air rifles in Germany, children under 18 are only allowed to shoot with .22lr, you can only buy and register your own guns here at the age of 21. But at 16 you can buy alcohol and drink in public. I think it's different in the US too.

4 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

how do you matches run?  

ours are usually 6 stages, each stage is normally 10 pistol, 10 rifle and 4+ shotgun, those the numbers are not set in stone

we take about 3 hours to shoot them all together depending on posse size.

most matches see 30-40 shooters and we shoot twice a month.  

we all pretty much reload our own ammo, though commercial shotgun shells are widely used

link to our club:  https://thunderriverrenegades.com/#

facebook if you have access:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660793720854451

and out sister club 90 miles north of Houston, Texas:  https://willowholecowboys.com/

cr

Yes, the stages work the same way here. Except that there are different rules for young people, because they are only allowed to shoot with .22lr. You are also not allowed to wear a coat on the range because it would cover the Colts. 

I joined your facebook group, I like it, my name on FB is "Moe Zarella"

Willkommen , First I would like to order 3 Döner and a few Hefe's , Family lived in Schwarzenbach for 4 years , I was stationed in Grafenwöhr , Although I spent almost 3 of that in Iraq and Afghanistan . But did get the chance to visit some in Bavaria and shot with Bundeswehr  for  a Schützenschnur (Gold )   tschüss 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:39 AM, Big Gus, SASS# 66666 said:

Viele Grüße aus Virginia und wilkommen zu unser sport. 
Big Gus

aka Werner Gstattenbauer 

Geburtsort Braunau am Inn

Hallo Werner Braunau ist nur 40 km von mir entfernt, ich wohne nahe der Grenze zu Österreich.

Liebe Grüße aus Deiner alten Heimat.

Hello Werner Braunau is only 40 km away from me, I live near the border with Austria.

Greetings from your old homeland.

Stefan 

How do you guys understand a word you're saying?! :lol::D

8 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

sorry, but english is not my mother tongue.  Like every other German student, I had to learn English.  And today I work in an international company that is owned by Americans.  But I know very well that I am not perfect in speaking and writing.

1 hour ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

sorry, but english is not my mother tongue.  Like every other German student, I had to learn English.  And today I work in an international company that is owned by Americans.  But I know very well that I am not perfect in speaking and writing.

Your command of the English language is better than many of us who grew up speaking it as our Primary tongue!

1 hour ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

I think your English is pretty darn good. I'd have a heck of a time speaking or writing a different languages. Thumbs up to you Sir!

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Now I think I got the question right.  You mean whether we understand what is written in German, as well as everyone else who lived in Germany from the army or otherwise.

Archived