SASS Wire Forum

Texas primers, one step closer to retail sales

Buckshot Bob

The main thing these folks must have is a clear path to obtain primer making materials.

I recall many years ago in north central Illinois, there were two major concrete/ready mix companies. They also had access to a barge terminal on the Illinois River that they owned, to get aggregate for the mix.. One local guy did some math and found he could deliver his ready mix at a competitive price, so he bought some trucks and started his own little company. Within a couple of years he doubled his fleet to meet the increased demand. Well, the two other companies, with the barge docks, stopped selling him aggregate. If he had it trucked in, it would be considerably more expensive. He went out of business.

Dirty trick or just business? Well, it depends on who you worked for. I watched this little drama play out growing up and it always stuck with me.

I understood the initial shortages when things went crazy a couple of years ago. Now I feel like I'm being played.

I hope these folks have their ducks in a row.

30 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

The main thing these folks must have is a clear path to obtain primer making materials.

I recall many years ago in north central Illinois, there were two major concrete/ready mix companies. They also had access to a barge terminal on the Illinois River that they owned, to get aggregate for the mix.. One local guy did some math and found he could deliver his ready mix at a competitive price, so he bought some trucks and started his own little company. Within a couple of years he doubled his fleet to meet the increased demand. Well, the two other companies, with the barge docks, stopped selling him aggregate. If he had it trucked in, it would be considerably more expensive. He went out of business.

Dirty trick or just business? Well, it depends on who you worked for. I watched this little drama play out growing up and it always stuck with me.

I understood the initial shortages when things went crazy a couple of years ago. Now I feel like I'm being played.

I hope these folks have their ducks in a row.

Federal owning Remington ammo now does make for a monster. Fiocchi is supposed to be making primers in the US now , Armscor is making ammo not sure if they are in the primer business. It will be interesting 

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The guy should be a polititian.  12 minutes of blathering and he never said anything useful.

That’s one of the reasons I really don’t bother with YouTube videos. 

OEM primers  This company makes ammo Looks like they packaged a bunch up that they had for their ammo production and set up a fake showing. IMHO

NO THANKS! I don't trust them not even a little bit! I hope they're legit though, I guess we'll see............

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

NO THANKS! I don't trust them not even a little bit! I hope they're legit though, I guess we'll see............

What Rye said.

The whole video and spokesman seemed like a barker at the carnival. He "acquires" the pictured primers from a mysterious source but they aren't really for sale to the public, etc., etc. 

Thanks but I'm not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

What Rye said.

The whole video and spokesman seemed like a barker at the carnival. He "acquires" the pictured primers from a mysterious source but they aren't really for sale to the public, etc., etc. 

Thanks but I'm not holding my breath.

This^^^^ 

Give the guy a break. The only thing bringing people to his channel are these videos. They beat FortuneCookie45LC posting a video on the attributes of using old wax toilet rings as bullet lube. 

This whole conversation reminds me of 15+ years ago when the BPCR guys were crappin on Starline brass, Now they are using it. Same guys did the same thing to Goex when they put out Old Eynsford powder. Then they discovered it was better than Swiss. I say wait and see. I'll be one of the first to buy some when they become available and test them.

kR

I'm all in favor of a new primer distributor flooding the market with reliable primers.  Maybe it will get the attention of Federal and Winchester and they will release more primers for reloaders.  I still think that $80/K is too expensive.  Before all this shortage business, I was buying them for $35/K.   Currently primers are up about 300% over what they were a couple of years ago.  

21 hours ago, Cholla said:

Give the guy a break. The only thing bringing people to his channel are these videos. They beat FortuneCookie45LC posting a video on the attributes of using old wax toilet rings as bullet lube. 

True, but there are plenty of OLD WAX TOILET RINGS  not so much these new primers.

I remember back when Wolf primers first came available and all the talk about how "that commie crap was junk".  It didn't take long before that talk turned positive, and they were sought after by many.  How about we give this new company a chance before running them out of town?  They may well come to market and be good.  A little extra competition in that particular market sure isn't going to hurt!

38 minutes ago, Shawnee Hills said:

I remember back when Wolf primers first came available and all the talk about how "that commie crap was junk".  It didn't take long before that talk turned positive, and they were sought after by many.  How about we give this new company a chance before running them out of town?  They may well come to market and be good.  A little extra competition in that particular market sure isn't going to hurt!

I don't think anyone is trying to run them out of town or saying that they won't buy them. What I see people saying is that they'll believe it when they see it. So far, no one but the spokesman has seen them.

CEMENT-CONCRETE company's are mean spirited pirates' who will cut you out faster then,  --- well you know.

Large Rifle primers are auction priced at 350 PLUS per thousand if you need them, NONE in stores.

Small pistol or rifle will get 180 per thousand, some stores have small primers in the 160 to 180 range.

SO if anyone is to proud to try a new product PLEASE send them to CANADA.

It is hard to stuff cap-gun primers into cases.

Archived