SASS Wire Forum

For anyone looking for a inexpensive set of pistols for SASS

Buckshot Bob

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I’ve ordered numerous guns, gun parts and magazines from CDNN and never had any problems. But I’m sure there’s incidents with every company. 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’ve ordered numerous guns, gun parts and magazines from CDNN and never had any problems. But I’m sure there’s incidents with every company. 

Glad to hear you  have personal experience.  I wasn't clear on that in your original post.  With all of the fraud going on, I was concerned when I went to their web site.  I couldn't find an address listed.  Next step was to Google them for reviews, and that was what I found.

25 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Glad to hear you  have personal experience.  I wasn't clear on that in your original post.  With all of the fraud going on, I was concerned when I went to their web site.  I couldn't find an address listed.  Next step was to Google them for reviews, and that was what I found.

They are actually kind of a clearing house, they will buy up inventory from distributors that isn’t moving and blow it out cheap. If you happen to want what allot of other people don’t you can get some pretty good deals from them. I bought a couple of SxS sidelock shotguns from them for a very good price a couple of years ago. They send me their email sales and every once in a while some good deals pop up . 
I just saw this as a cheap way in for someone, you can get a pair of pistols for the price of one new Ruger anymore. And they are 4 click, I understand your concern you have to vett everything anymore 

19 minutes ago, Doc Fill 'Em 67797 said:

I’ve bought stuff from CDNN. I think they get close outs and discontinued stuff but it’s always been good. 

Yep, several years ago I bought my RI 1911 there for WB for a very good price. There is also  pair of 45s listed, perfect for SASS or CFDA. Good Luck:)

I too have used CDNN in the past with very good results.

1 hour ago, Shawnee Hills said:

CDNN is good to go but Buds has that same model for $402.99.  Hum . . . might be good for backups or to trap . . . er . . . loan to shooters interested in CAS.  Anyone know if these would hold up to our type of use?  

It’s a Pietta, it should hold up as well as any other stock one, and it’s 4 click which still seems to be more desirable by most people in sass . 
$806 is a great deal for a pair of brand new pistols 

they look nice enough , im a long way from starting out anymore but if i were starting out id consider them , its hard for me to say this when what i started out with were half that new and what i shoot now were only a bit more than that , but times have changed and what i shoot now are no longer new , 

we all start somewhere , i just wish our game didnt cost so much to get into , yet no game today is free 

CDNN has been around for decades. The used to take up several pages of the Shotgun News years ago. I have bought from them in the past and never had a complaint. 

I have purchased parts and accessories from CDNN Sports with no issues.

When I got started shooting cowboy in early 2010 CDNN had .357 Anniversary Model Blackhawks for something like $379 each.  I regretted missing out on that deal.

The revolvers in question are a Pietta 1873 made to the specifications of Davidson’s, a large distributor.  One of the shooters in my home club bought one in .45 Colt early on.  Deuce Stevens made a couple of video reviews.  Davidsons usually provides a lifetime guarantee on firearms they distribute.  Whether this is true for the ones sold by CDNN, I could not say.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:06 AM, Buckshot Bob said:

It’s a Pietta, it should hold up as well as any other stock one, and it’s 4 click which still seems to be more desirable by most people in sass . 
$806 is a great deal for a pair of brand new pistols 

I bought a pair of the Pietta's about a year ago. They are the only guns I did not have to modify for cowboy shooting. The springs were great and the action smooth. The only thing I did was to put imitation (John Wayne style) ivory grips on them.

Lucky :D

I bought a pair of Pietta GW II's earlier this year.  They came with reduce power hammer springs, operated smoothly and have a tight lockup.  Besides cleaning and inspection, I didn't think they needed anything more for my (beginner) level of Cowboy Action.  I was prepared to do some work on them but they are fine as is, IMHO, again, for my purposes.  Mine are the Davidson's exclusives with the nickel backstrap and trigger guard.

Archived